Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Still don't have a clue
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 8:55AM #1
Acts 28:22
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 4:15PM #2
MMCSFOX

Hmmm, I continue to get asked to give invocations at meetings when the person on the program is not there. Sometimes I am on the program.  I feel that this is not just because they know that I am LDS but it is because the know me and that I am willing. I wonder if this different thinking will change anything. I doubt it will change much.

Jesse F.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 6:20PM #3

Jun 1, 2012 -- 4:15PM, MMCSFOX wrote:

Hmmm, I continue to get asked to give invocations at meetings when the person on the program is not there. Sometimes I am on the program.  I feel that this is not just because they know that I am LDS but it is because the know me and that I am willing. I wonder if this different thinking will change anything. I dought it will change much.

Jesse F.

Many rank and file Evangelicals who know us on a personal level, do consider us Christians...much to the consternation of their ministers.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 6:31PM #4
MMCSFOX

dought  doubt

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 6:34PM #5
moksha8088

It is mostly the conservative denominations who have raised their cudgel against us.

So, if Mitt wins do you think that it will help conversions and baptisms?

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 01, 2012 - 7:11PM #6

Jun 1, 2012 -- 6:34PM, moksha8088 wrote:

It is mostly the conservative denominations who have raised their cudgel against us.

When Mitt starts ruling and reigning from his exact replica of the Oval Office in the DC Temple, of course!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 2:16AM #7
Aka_me

Jun 1, 2012 -- 7:11PM, Acts 28:22 wrote:

Jun 1, 2012 -- 6:34PM, moksha8088 wrote:

When Mitt starts ruling and reigning from his exact replica of the Oval Office in the DC Temple, of course!!

will the secret service allow Romney out of their "direct protection" so that he may enter a temple?

not being able to debate is one thing, employing censorship to avoid debate is beyond words.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 2:39AM #8
MMCSFOX

AKA, I know of LDS FBI, CIA and NRO people, why not LDS Secret Service with recomends?

Jesse F.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 7:12AM #9

Jun 2, 2012 -- 2:39AM, MMCSFOX wrote:

AKA, I know of LDS FBI, CIA and NRO people, why not LDS Secret Service with recomends?

Jesse F.

Shh, Jesse!  You're not supposed to tattle about our secret infiltrations!  How is Mormonism supposed to take over the government if you're blabbing?!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 02, 2012 - 1:47PM #10
Ironhold

Jun 2, 2012 -- 2:16AM, Aka_me wrote:

will the secret service allow Romney out of their "direct protection" so that he may enter a temple?

Governments the world over actually place a premium on hiring Mormons for a variety of reasons.

In fact, according to former FBI agent Gary Aldrich (see his book "Unlimited Access"), the Clintons used "Mormon" as a slur to describe any FBI agent, Secret Service agent, or Reagan / Bush staffer who opted to remain professional rather than give in to the "anything goes" mentality that the Clintons had in place.

It shouldn't be too hard to scare up a few Secret Service agents with recommends.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook