Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
Switch to Forum Live View GET REAL, HANS; ESCAPE LA-LA LAND: POPULAR CONTROL AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 8:42PM #1
Dutch777
We can thank RooDog for this gem; he put me onto it.

RC theologian Hans Kung, who has had his license to teach yanked, has just authored a new book.  He advises the laity to seize control of the RCC in order to save it.  IMVHO, the poor man is deluded and has taken up residency in La-La Land.  What say you?

news.monstersandcritics.com/europe/news/...
The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 9:28PM #2
Nino0814

I think Hans might be onto something.  Young RCs in Germany are filling out government forms to avoid automatically paying money to the RCC through their pay roll tax system.   This is an alarming trend.  Perhaps some future German bishops will lead their people away from the shackles of Roman authoritarianism, in the hopes of reviving faith in their institution, if they can find the courage.  

The sexual abuse scandle may have been the breaking point for the laity, and Hans Kung's message may be what it takes to inspire some of them to push their bishops to lead the flock into a plausible future. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 10:07PM #3
Roodog

May 23, 2012 -- 8:42PM, Dutch777 wrote:

RC theologian Hans Kung, who has had his license to teach yanked, has just authored a new book.  He advises the laity to seize control of the RCC in order to save it.  IMVHO, the poor man is deluded and has taken up residency in La-La Land.  What say you?

Thanks for finding a link that I could open with my fossil computer.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 10:14PM #4
GRobit625

May 23, 2012 -- 8:42PM, Dutch777 wrote:

I said it before and I'll say it again. Those that have an issue with how the RCC is set up, as well as the doctrine that is set forward should leave. It is never going to be a system like we Anglicans have it,E.V.E.R.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 7:14PM #5
Roodog

I wonder if Kung is going to be defrocked and excommunicated, or perhaps have a mysterious and fatal heart attack......(like JP1)

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 7:39PM #6
GRobit625

May 24, 2012 -- 7:14PM, Roodog wrote:

I wonder if Kung is going to be defrocked and excommunicated, or perhaps have a mysterious and fatal heart attack......(like JP1)

He's too old and insignificant to the Vatican. When his time is up, he'll more than likely get a full blown RC send off.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 24, 2012 - 9:24PM #7
Roodog

May 24, 2012 -- 7:39PM, GRobit625 wrote:

He's too old and insignificant to the Vatican. When his time is up, he'll more than likely get a full blown RC send off.

If he really gets into the RCC doghouse, there is always TEC.

St. Thomas Aquinas

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 28, 2012 - 6:08AM #8
BBarton

May 24, 2012 -- 9:24PM, Roodog wrote:

I find it rather courageous to reform from within.  It's always easier to walk away.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 28, 2012 - 3:00PM #9
GRobit625

May 28, 2012 -- 6:08AM, BBarton wrote:

I find it rather courageous to reform from within.  It's always easier to walk away.

And foolish. It's going to take more than a handful of folks to change the way business has been handled for over a thousand years.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 28, 2012 - 8:46PM #10
Roodog

May 28, 2012 -- 6:08AM, BBarton wrote:

Tell that to Huss, Savonarola and Luther, B. Barton

St. Thomas Aquinas

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook