Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 9:37AM #1
Jupiter6208
Just curious How often do you go to Church services  Every Sunday, once a month, just Holidays, during the week etc.. or never.
"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 11:23AM #2
Spokang

Every Sunday and all services for special feast days of the liturgical year; I sing in the choir.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 12:16PM #3
Nino0814

Every Sunday for worship, and at least monthly for Bible study.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 12:39PM #4
Roodog

Every Sunday I have fellowship with you all.Innocent

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 3:55PM #5
Dutch777

I'm totally disgusted and turned-off to the diocese in which I reside.  I've gone from intensely involved to "occasionalist" --- as in: when the uintatheriums graze in my back yard.

www.dinosoria.com/mammifere/uintatherium-2.jpg

The Path to Moon Lake
doesn't go there.
So walk your own Dharma*Path;
be mindful.

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 4:13PM #6
journeying

Every Sunday and Wednesday and other days to work as well. But then I'm the Senior Warden at the moment. I have always gone every Sunday possible for most of my life. For some unknown reason, Sunday without church messes up the entire week. And, yes, I sing in the choir and consider Sunday an obligation. But I try to go when I'm on the road too if I can. Last summer I managed to meet in person two internet friends by attending their churches while on vacation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 4:38PM #7
Roodog

Apr 29, 2012 -- 3:55PM, Dutch777 wrote:

I'm totally disgusted and turned-off to the diocese in which I reside.  I've gone from intensely involved to "occasionalist" --- as in: when the uintatheriums graze in my back yard.

www.dinosoria.com/mammifere/uintatherium-2.jpg

What about Brontotheriums and Chalicotheres?Wink

dinosaurs.about.com/od/mesozoicmammals/p...

dinosaurs.about.com/od/mesozoicmammals/p...

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 7:01PM #8
JimRigas

Every Sunday, unless Christmas falls on Sunday when I stay home to cook.  And as an answer to the unasked question "Why?"  From habit.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 7:48PM #9
slu_magoo

Over the last few years, I've attended only six to eight times per year.  When I lived in Little Rock, I was very active in my church and loved it.  Then some folks became jerks toward my wife (who was employed by the church), and the nice-but-spineless rector refused to intervene.  That left a bad taste in my mouth, and since that time, I've been very cautious and reserved when it comes to church attendance.  Church people can be real back-stabbing bastards sometimes.  I get enough of that Monday-Friday; I don't need it on Sunday, too.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 7:50PM #10
GRobit625

Every Sunday, unless we accidently over sleep.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  1 2 3 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook