Switch to Forum Live View Talk about getting Political.
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 8:00AM #1
Jupiter6208
news.yahoo.com/catholic-nuns-group-stunn...
"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 9:45AM #2
Dutch777

Yeah, ain't that a snitch ?

It all boils down to the fact that a retrogressive, authoritarian, dominational institution will always react against change, irrespective of how necessary, humane and sensible that change is.  The "party line" and absolute, unquestioning obedience, must be the operating norm.  Notice that there seems to be a working "arrangement" between Fundies, LDSers, and the RCC --- all three groups known for their domination & control tendencies.

If you ask me, the RC sisters should tell the Vatican to go to hell and join TEC.

Of course, no-one asked me. 

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 9:49AM #3
Emersonbernard

Apr 20, 2012 -- 9:45AM, Dutch777 wrote:

Yeah, ain't that a snitch ?

It all boils down to the fact that a retrogressive, authoritarian, dominational institution will always react against change, irrespective of how necessary, humane and sensible that change is.  The "party line" and absolute, unquestioning obedience, must be the operating norm.  Notice that there seems to be a working "arrangement" between Fundies, LDSers, and the RCC --- all three groups known for their domination & control tendencies.

If you ask me, the RC sisters should tell the Vatican to go to hell and join TEC.

Of course, no-one asked me. 

I wish they would; they would enrich us beyond measure (you may have guessed I have a soft spot in my heart for nuns). Most of the Sisters I've met have been brave and holy, down-to-earth and funny.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 10:18AM #4
Jupiter6208

It seems to me that there might be a Schism not to far off. 

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 10:48AM #5
journeying

We have the Order of Julian of Norwich to which one of our members belongs. Episcopal Carmel of St Teresa. The Order of St Helena.  And others. Surely the RCs would find a home in TEC.

Or they could have their own. The Order of the Thankful Popeless. Or somesuch.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook