Switch to Forum Live View Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
3 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 11:31AM #1
Vanessa86
I've gotten so busy on Facebook that I seldom make it over here anymore, but I do hope my DoC comrades had a blessed and uplifting Easter.

We don't have a DoC congregation near us, and wound up celebrating with the local Unitarian church. While nice, there wasn't an "Allelujah! He is risen!" in sight, and I found myself hungering for more. Ultimately, it  renewed my appreciation for our own DoC traditions. So if you did get the chance to spend the holiday with your Christian brethren, I do hope you made the most of it!
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 7:25PM #2
Bigfooten

Colossians 2:8

"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ."

We are not commanded to worship any holidays in God's word, for this would be adding to His word. Rev. 22:18  There is no pattern for us to follow concerning holidays.

2 Thessalonians 2:15

"Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle."  This doesn't mean the traditions of men from today, but from the apostles in the New Testament.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 5:12PM #3
mecdukebec

Risen, indeed.

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook