Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View If you could ask Jesus...
2 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 2:16PM #1
journeying
Thoughts on this?  "And with that, he was gone, leaving more questions than answers…" Isn't that the way life is? Allows us to grow.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 9:57PM #2
Dutch777

I'd ask:  "now that we're Q&Aing, what's your frank opinion of the Nicene Creed ?".

I'd also ask about Jesus' perceptions of "Real Presence" and "Afterlife".  

Figuring that I've said enough, I'd sit back and sip my coffee contentedly and ponder wow ! I just had an interview with Jesus.  That's really big time.  I would also wonder where He learned to speak English --- or how I suddenly became fluent in Aramaic. Smile

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 11:16PM #3
Carsonthecrucifer

I would ask Jesus -- is belief that you are/were God incarnate required in order to be saved and not go to Hell?

And speaking of Hell, is there a Hell?  Is there a Satan?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 8:37PM #4
Jupiter6208

Apr 9, 2012 -- 11:16PM, Carsonthecrucifer wrote:

I would ask Jesus -- is belief that you are/were God incarnate required in order to be saved and not go to Hell?

And speaking of Hell, is there a Hell?  Is there a Satan?

"Believing in Jesus is not enough to attain heaven. We get to heaven by emulating the love of Jesus rather than by worshipping Jesus."

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

What the heart loves, the will chooses, and the mind justifies.”

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 8:50PM #5
Spokang

I would ask him why, for the last 2000 years, we haven't had any tangible manifestations of his presence, and God's, as in days of yore; the burning bush, the booming voice from heaven, the incarnation.  Somehow the occasional piece of burnt toast with his image, his mother's appearance in an oil slick on the floor of a Jiffy Lube in South Texas, and the rainbow just doesn't seem to be, at times, enough.

Jim

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 9:56PM #6
Carsonthecrucifer

I'm sure one would want to ask him if the tangible manifestations recorded in the Bible were real, as in where they really tangible manifestations or simply myths and stories that had great meaning to the authors.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 11:18PM #7
Spokang

Apr 10, 2012 -- 9:56PM, Carsonthecrucifer wrote:

I'm sure one would want to ask him if the tangible manifestations recorded in the Bible were real, as in where they really tangible manifestations or simply myths and stories that had great meaning to the authors.

Are you suggesting that a chorus of trumpets and trombones could not cause the walls of Jericho to come a-tumbling' down?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 9:47PM #8
BBarton

I'd ask him if he died to convict and deliver us from sin?  ....And he'd probably say, "I died trying to show you how to LIVE!"

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 9:53PM #9
BBarton

Apr 10, 2012 -- 8:50PM, Spokang wrote:

I would ask him why, for the last 2000 years, we haven't had any tangible manifestations of his presence, and God's, as in days of yore; the burning bush, the booming voice from heaven, the incarnation.  Somehow the occasional piece of burnt toast with his image, his mother's appearance in an oil slick on the floor of a Jiffy Lube in South Texas, and the rainbow just doesn't seem to be, at times, enough.

Jim

We must find that within, Jim  ...to be able to see it without.  It's not that it isn't there; it's that the veil clouds our thoghts and we cannot perceive what's under our nose all along. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 9:54PM #10
BBarton

"Believing in Jesus is not enough to attain heaven. We get to heaven by emulating the love of Jesus rather than by worshipping Jesus."

[/quote]

Nice, Jupiter!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook