2 years ago  ::  Apr 04, 2012 - 6:42PM #1
withwonderingawe
This is an interesting blog 

warlikepeople.com/

...easily distracted from our assignment of preparing for the coming of the Lord. When enemies rise up, we commit vast resources to the fabrication of gods of stone and steel — ships, planes, missiles, fortifications — and depend on them for protection and deliverance. When threatened, we become anti-enemy instead of pro-kingdom of God; we train a man in the art of war and call him a patriot, thus, in the manner of Satan's counterfeit of true patriotism, perverting the Savior's teaching [to love your enemies]."

—LDS Church President Spencer W. Kimball, 1976

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 2:49AM #2
moksha8088

This would go nicely with Elder Uchtdorf's conference address about just stopping it when it comes to injuring others through deed or thought.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 7:43AM #3
withwonderingawe

I sort of struggle with this, there will always be Hitlers. There is some counsel on war in the Doctrine and Covenants, maybe I got a little BY in there. It says go ahead and arm yourself to the teeth but never ever make the first strike. You should let your enemy know you are prepared but petition peace, over and over again petition peace.

D&C 45

“68 And it shall come to pass among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety.

69 And there shall be gathered unto it out of every nation under heaven; and it shall be the only people that shall not be at war one with another.

70 And it shall be said among the wicked: Let us not go up to battle against Zion, for the inhabitants of Zion are terrible; wherefore we cannot stand.

71 And it shall come to pass that the righteous shall be gathered out from among all nations, and shall come to Zion, singing with songs of everlasting joy.

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 05, 2012 - 4:54PM #4
MMCSFOX

O for a World where we could all depend on God for protection, Yet, I was thinking about OUR past wars and for the most part I think that we have fought to make other men free. There does seem to be a spark of divinity in each, yet we do need to seek it.

Jesse F.

How come we choose from two people for President and fifty for Miss America?

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook