3 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 6:18PM #1
Nino0814
An experiement reveals that we are more likely to lie when we have little to reflect on our choice: www.economist.com/node/21551447?fsrc=scn...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 11:11PM #2
slu_magoo

I thought this was another thread about the Republican Presidential candidates...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 4:55PM #3
BBarton

Ha ha Roo!

Seriously, I doubt you can find a standard for lying and all people.  I've known some who thought something in the universe broke every time a lie be told; and others who'd lie when the truth would serve them better.

There was an interesting book, "The People of the Lie", written by the author of "The Road Less Traveled", Dr. Scott Peck.  It scared some good Christian folk silly.

Nino, I find it curious they assume all to be manipulators and cheaters.  I think people who lie to manipulate demonstrate where their faith really is; in themselves.  -As their behaviour shows no trust in God, but if such participated in religion, I'd say it were more superstition they practice than religion.  Liars and cheaters aren't the standard, but what gets left behind when the soul transcends.  Hopefully they'll learn sooner than later the value of the truth, especially of themselves. 

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook