Switch to Forum Live View Denver Christians morn
2 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 6:18PM #1
GRobit625
You think that Colorado Episcopalians are morning with them?

religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/21/denver...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2012 - 11:26AM #2
JoanTreese

This Colorado Episcopalian is mourning the loss of Tebow to the Jets but not for the reasons in the article as cited.  Tebow's unorthodox approach to the game made watching football fun for me.

Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2012 - 11:43AM #3
Jupiter6208

I agree Joan I like him.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

What the heart loves, the will chooses, and the mind justifies.”

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 22, 2012 - 12:20PM #4
Roodog

Watch 8 million New Yorkers "Tebow"Wink

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 11:18AM #5
Mostyn32

The item that caught my eye in the linked article was the fact that Pastor Mackey's Next Level Church meets on Tuesdays rather than on Sundays because Mackey believes that Sunday is the day for Coloradans to do "Colorado things like hiking, skiiing and attending Broncos games". How convenient. And so much for the fact that Christians worldwide gather on Sundays because our Lord rose on a Sunday! 

"God is no captious sophister, eager to trip us up whenever we say amiss, but a courteous tutor, ready to amend what, in our weakness or our ignorance, we say ill, and to make the most of what we say aright."  from 'A Learned Discourse on Justification', a sermon by Richard Hooker (1554-1600).
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 4:21PM #6
GRobit625
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2012 - 6:15PM #7
Roodog

Mar 26, 2012 -- 11:18AM, Mostyn32 wrote:

The item that caught my eye in the linked article was the fact that Pastor Mackey's Next Level Church meets on Tuesdays rather than on Sundays because Mackey believes that Sunday is the day for Coloradans to do "Colorado things like hiking, skiiing and attending Broncos games". How convenient. And so much for the fact that Christians worldwide gather on Sundays because our Lord rose on a Sunday! 

How about putting Christ first in your life, Pastor Mackey? Like it's the First Commandment.....

( so is not loving the world nor the things of the world.)

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook