Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 7:43AM #1
Jupiter6208
www.archbishopofcanterbury.org/articles....
"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

What the heart loves, the will chooses, and the mind justifies.”

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 9:15AM #2
Dutch777

Mar 16, 2012 -- 7:43AM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

Perhaps this link will work.

www.archbishopofcanterbury.org/articles.php/2173/archbishop-of-canterbury-to-be-master-of-magdalene-college-cambridge

I sincerely wish Dr. Williams much success and happiness in his new position.  IMVHO, he's more scholar than chief executive and will certainly thrive in the groves of academe.

Any speculations as to the new ABC?

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 10:00AM #3
GRobit625

I guess the rumors were true, can't say I blame him. I wish him more happiness than he's had of late for sure. More than likely whoever will replace +++Rowan will have conservative tendencies as to not further implode the Communion.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 11:01AM #4
JoanTreese

Mar 16, 2012 -- 9:15AM, Dutch777 wrote:

Mar 16, 2012 -- 7:43AM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

Perhaps this link will work.

www.archbishopofcanterbury.org/articles.php/2173/archbishop-of-canterbury-to-be-master-of-magdalene-college-cambridge

I sincerely wish Dr. Williams much success and happiness in his new position.  IMVHO, he's more scholar than chief executive and will certainly thrive in the groves of academe.

Any speculations as to the new ABC?

I agree, Dutch!

Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 1:47PM #5
LitanyoftheSaints

A person who tells my PB that she can't wear her mitre in his church doesn't rank high in my book.

Buh-bye. Don't let the door hit ya...

"The centrality of our mission is to love each other. That means caring for our neighbors. And it does not mean bickering about fine points of doctrine."- ++KJS
http://kjsfanpage.blogspot.com/
http://chicksinpointyhats.blogspot.com/

"We are to be Christ's hands and feet and heart and mind and we cannot do that if we assume God's role of judgment. The judge's job is filled. God alone is judge! Those who would be Saviors of the Church and the people in it are also reminded that the Savior's job has been filled. Jesus Christ filled it once for all. "- Bishop Rodney Michel
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 1:48PM #6
GRobit625

He's more of a Christian bishop than she is.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 2:24PM #7
LitanyoftheSaints

She made a statement.

I think what she said is very Christian, especially after how he treated her.

www.episcopalchurch.org/notice/statement...

"The centrality of our mission is to love each other. That means caring for our neighbors. And it does not mean bickering about fine points of doctrine."- ++KJS
http://kjsfanpage.blogspot.com/
http://chicksinpointyhats.blogspot.com/

"We are to be Christ's hands and feet and heart and mind and we cannot do that if we assume God's role of judgment. The judge's job is filled. God alone is judge! Those who would be Saviors of the Church and the people in it are also reminded that the Savior's job has been filled. Jesus Christ filled it once for all. "- Bishop Rodney Michel
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 2:42PM #8
GRobit625

Mar 16, 2012 -- 2:24PM, LitanyoftheSaints wrote:

She made a statement.

I think what she said is very Christian, especially after how he treated her.

www.episcopalchurch.org/notice/statement...

Considering what our church has done to the communion, she's lucky to even be acknowledged by the ABC at all. I don't have any sympathy for her. Speed the day when she announces her retirement!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 3:45PM #9
Jupiter6208

I like her...

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

What the heart loves, the will chooses, and the mind justifies.”

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 3:56PM #10
GRobit625

People liked Dubya Bush too, still a terrible leader.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook