Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
2 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 3:44PM #1
Janadele

Communist Party USA has fully endorsed President Obama in his reelection bid and the Democrat party in general, vowing their full support in the upcoming election campaign. 

politicons.net/congrats-commu...2012-ele...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 10:57PM #2
moksha8088

Little good that will do Obama.  I understand that the Pan-Galactic Conglomerate of Zombies, Aliens and French have thrown their support to Romney.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 08, 2012 - 9:13PM #3
Janadele

We can dance and sing but when the songs fade stark reality must be faced... which meantime will have multiplied. 

Considering what is at stake, and the enormity of the responsibility and consequences... rather than seek entertainment from the Political scene and Governments, it would be best to savour our enjoyment of life elsewhere, and hopefully realise that leadership requires more stable qualities and expertise. 

When war clouds loom, the life of millions is threatened, and we seek for food and shelter to survive, let us hope for true wisdom in leadership.  For the US, that best option is Mitt Romney.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2012 - 8:46PM #4
MMCSFOX

I found this poem in an old handbook: “Steps to Christ” Army and Navy edition 1892.    I thought it worthy of passing along. Jesse F.

GOD SHOWS IN YOUR FACE

You don’t have to tell how you live each day;

You don’t have to say if you work or you play;

A tried true barometer serves in the place’

However you live, it will show in your face.

The false, the deceit that you bear in your heart

Will not stay inside where it first got its start;

For sinew and blood are a thin veil of lace –

What you wear in your heart, you wear in your face.

If your life is unselfish, if for others you live,

For not what you get, but how much you can give;

If you live close to God in his infinite grace –

You don’t have to tell it, it shows in your face.

Author unknown

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2012 - 2:10PM #5
MMCSFOX

I've been in a wierd mood lately so another off the wall note I thought was interesting. Jesse F.

The True Gentleman

by John Walter Wayland

The True Gentleman is the man whose conduct proceeds from good will and an acute sense of propriety, and whose self-control is equal to all emergencies…

Who does not make the poor man conscious of his poverty, the obscure man of his obscurity, or any man of his inferiority or deformity…

Who is himself humbled if necessity compels him to humble another…

Who does not flatter wealth, cringe before power, or boast of his own possessions or achievements…

Who speaks with frankness but always with sincerity and sympathy…

Whose deed follows his word; who thinks of the rights and feelings of others, rather than his own…

And who appears well in any company, a man with whom honor is sacred and virtue safe.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2012 - 3:39PM #6
Janadele

Thank you Jesse for two inspiring poems   Smile

The true gentleman reminds me of MITT.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 17, 2012 - 5:05PM #7
MMCSFOX

I have been going through more old books in my library to see what I can donate, give away or throw out and found another item for “This and that.”

I opened “Infantry in Battle” 1939 printing.

Chapter 1: RULES.  “The Art of war has no traffic with rules.”

I started laughing and my wife asked me what was so funny?

As I read the above it hit me that this was simply our politics of today which started my laughing.

(Not true gentlemen, of course.)

Jesse F.

“For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, plausible, neat, and wrong.”

- H. L. Menkin

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2012 - 5:36PM #8
MysticWanderer

Mitt ,ay be fine one on one or in church but when he runs for office he reminds me of my mantra on politics.  You can tell whenever a politician is lying ... his lips are moving!

Moderated by Stardove on Jun 11, 2012 - 10:08PM
"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R.Tolkein
You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do. ~Anne Lamott
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."
Friedrich von Schiller
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 12:58AM #9
Janadele

It seems the human family require leaders... when it comes to a choice, surely one who holds the Priesthood would be preferable over one who does not.

Mitt Romney has won the Republican presidential primary in Illinois by a wide margin over chief rival Rick Santorum. LA is next.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2012 - 1:10AM #10
Janadele

Janadele,

Another big night and win for our campaign -- thank you!

Tonight, we have taken one more step toward restoring the promise of America. And tomorrow we wake up and start again.

This November, we face a defining decision. Our economic freedom will be on the ballot, and I intend to offer the American people a clear choice.

Tonight's win means we are that much closer to securing the nomination, uniting our party, and taking on President Obama. We are almost there. Help us close strong in the remaining contests.

Thanks for standing with me.

Mitt Romney

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook