Switch to Forum Live View Lutheran Judge says okay to attack someone for insulting Mohammed
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 6:07AM #1
allan444

Lutheran Judge says okay to attack someone for insulting Mohammed

------ 

Don’t let your child dress as the prophet Mohammed next Halloween
Someone may interpret that as an insult to their Muslim religion and attack  them  and use Sharia law as justification . Apparently Sharia law overrides the first amendment ( in the eyes of this Lutheran Judge)

--------------------------------

On a more serious note the Iran Christian Pastor presently in the news must be commended for standing up for his faith in the face of death in a way us in the Western World (thank goodness) do not need to. In Iran you can be put to death for converting to another religion .

“On Sunday, when asked to repent of his Christian beliefs, Mr. Nadarkhani replied, “Repent means to return. What should I return to?” The court pressed that he should return “to the religion of your ancestors, Islam.” Mr. Nadarkhani said, “I cannot.”

Reminds me of Martin Luther “Here I stand ….“

---------------------------------

www.bing.com/search?q=judge+martin+luthe...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 10:25AM #2
allan444

Just listened to the court proceeding

www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/messag...

actually the judge thought there was insufficient proof that physical contact was made

between the two parties and therefore he dismissed the case.

So the whole thing is a lot to do about nothing and not like what the news headlines seem to indicate. Therefore I take back what I insinuated  in the first post that the Judge chose Sharia law over the first ammendment.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 12:52PM #3
teilhard

Insulting another Person is in the shadow Boundary of "Free Speech" ...

"Free Speech" in a Civilized Society is NOT un-LIMITED ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 7:49PM #4
allan444

Agreed,

The parade organizers should have prevented the persons dressed as Zombie Mohammed and   Zombie Pope from having  even participated in the Halloween parade

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2012 - 10:59PM #5
teilhard

The Offensive Persons ought to have known better ...

It's like The Illinois Nazis marching through Skokie ... TECHNICALLY they had a First Amendment Right to do that ... But HUMANLY  ETHICALLY  MORALLY  they had  NO  RIGHT  to do such a Thing ...

Mar 1, 2012 -- 7:49PM, allan444 wrote:

Agreed,

The parade organizers should have prevented the persons dressed as Zombie Mohammed and   Zombie Pope from having  even participated in the Halloween parade

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2012 - 9:03AM #6
WannabeTheo

I read an article on this earlier.  It seems there was a sense that the victim was deliberately trying to provoke a response, but I think that is a gray area, since most political speech can be considered provocative.  Utlimately, the case hinged on the fact that there was no clear proof about who did what and when.

This is definitely not a case of a judge upholding sharia law.  And I don't really see how the fact that the judge is Lutheran is relevant.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 02, 2012 - 1:59PM #7
teilhard

I agree ...

American Citizens have a Right to be STUPID ...

Mar 2, 2012 -- 9:03AM, WannabeTheo wrote:

I read an article on this earlier.  It seems there was a sense that the victim was deliberately trying to provoke a response, but I think that is a gray area, since most political speech can be considered provocative.  Utlimately, the case hinged on the fact that there was no clear proof about who did what and when.

This is definitely not a case of a judge upholding sharia law.  And I don't really see how the fact that the judge is Lutheran is relevant.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook