3 years ago  ::  Feb 27, 2012 - 11:36AM #1
Clydson
Human thinking concludes that God is cruel and uncompassionate because He intended to destroy all mankind with a flood.  If God created mankind with a word of power, why would He not destroy man by the same humane method?  Why go to the trouble of drowning us?  That’s horrible and appalling.

Whatever His reason to do so, we just might learn about Gods nature in regard to sinful man.

Human thinking reasons, "Is there a way to justify what God did to people in the OT? I mean, what do we say to people who are non Christians when they ask how God could be so cruel?"

Human thinking usually misses or denies the obvious divine understanding. When the human intellect considers "innocent people", the determination is innocent of doing wrong. This is not even within the scope of God's right to do as He wishes.

He is the creator and thusly has the right to not only create, but also to manage His creation as He sees fit. This is true whether or not one is "innocent". He has made each and every single person an appointment with death. Being innocent will have no effect upon deterring meeting this appointment. It's gonna happen regardless if one is innocent or not.

Jer 18:1-12
1 This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord:
2 "Go down at once to the potter's house; there I will reveal My words to you."
3 So I went down to the potter's house, and there he was, working away at the wheel.
4 But the jar that he was making from the clay became flawed in the potter's hand, so he made it into another jar, as it seemed right for him to do.
5 The word of the Lord came to me:
6 "House of Israel, can I not treat you as this potter treats his clay?"this is the Lord's declaration. "Just like clay in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand, house of Israel.
7 At one moment I might announce concerning a nation or a kingdom that I will uproot, tear down, and destroy it.
8 However, if that nation I have made an announcement about, turns from its evil, I will not bring the disaster on it I had planned.
9 At another time I announce that I will build and plant a nation or a kingdom.
10 However, if it does what is evil in My sight by not listening to My voice, I will not bring the good I had said I would do to it.
11 So now, say to the men of Judah and to the residents of Jerusalem: This is what the Lord says: I am about to bring harm to you and make plans against you. Turn now, each from your evil way, and correct your ways and your deeds.
12 But they will say: It's hopeless. We will continue to follow our plans, and each of us will continue to act according to the stubbornness of his evil heart."
HCSB

Prov 21:30
30 There is no wisdom and no understanding And no counsel against the Lord.
NASU

Job 36:22-23
22 "Behold, God is exalted by His power; who teaches like Him?
23 Who has assigned Him His way, or who has said, 'You have done wrong'?
(NKJ)

Rom 11:34
34 "For who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has become His counselor?"
(NKJ)

Jake
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook