Switch to Forum Live View Why does God sometimes speak to me and other times I can't hear him
3 years ago  ::  Jan 27, 2012 - 8:45PM #1
Dong
This usually happens where I will go 3 months or so where I can hear the Lord everyday

Then I will go a year with silence

And then another 3 month period where the Lord is always speaking to me...

I think it's usually based on my obedience, that when I'm about to repent that is when I can hear him the most.  
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2012 - 1:00AM #2
Theo

Are you talking about hearing actual voices or hearing God speaking to your heart?

I've never heard God's voice with my ears... unless that was God speaking to me during the last thunderstorm... see Job. But I have "heard" God speaking to my mind in words - back in 1975, the night He saved me, He spoke these words to my mind - "Welcome to My family."

Other than that, I have seldom heard the voice of God directly, only one other time. The rest of the time I hear Him speaking to my heart, not with words but with thoughts, telling me how to live and behave towards others... sometimes I follow His promptings, sometimes I do not. Wish I could say I followed Him all the time - but I can't.

I do know that the closer we walk with God, the more we will hear His voice, and conversely, the further we walk from God, the less we hear or perhaps, the less we can hear Him speaking.

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook