Switch to Forum Live View Fr Richard Rohr's Wish for the World
3 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2011 - 7:15PM #1
journeying
and mine too. This seems to explain perhaps the root of the differences among Christians. He speaks for me pretty much.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 23, 2011 - 8:21PM #2
Nino0814

What Fr Richard Rohr is saying is the biblical form of worship; not the objectification of Jesus as worship, but the emulation of Jesus as spiritual worship is what we are called to do.  It would radical change the tradjectory of Christian history.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 24, 2011 - 11:55AM #3
mecdukebec

Dec 23, 2011 -- 7:15PM, journeying wrote:

and mine too. This seems to explain perhaps the root of the differences among Christians. He speaks for me pretty much.

I'm always intrigued by Christians who've never heard of the alternate translation of "Faith in Jesus Christ" in the NT as "Faith of Jesus Christ."  There's nothing normative (other than "Because I said so.") to require one reading of the textual variant over the other.  But then, reading Greek often eclipses the doctrinaire. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 4:54PM #4
Nino0814

Here's some more insightful comments by Fr. Richard Rohr: richardrohr.wordpress.com/

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 10, 2012 - 6:31PM #5
JimRigas

" Tillich wisely says that we have largely destroyed the healing power of divine forgiveness by making it “because of” instead of “in spite of”!  Divine forgiveness is always in spite of our inadequacy–never because of our perfect realizations, repentance, or response."

This reminds me of my differentiation between liking and loving somebody.  You like somebody because of his good qualities.  You love somebody despite his faults.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook