Switch to Forum Live View Searching for My Niche
3 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 12:46AM #1
Rakel
I'm a bit new to the forum here...

I have been raised Catholic but struggle with a wavering belief. I've been trying to find the 'right' religion for me for a long time but always come back to God.

In the past I have led a very un-Christian life. A year or two again I began to have Bible studies and have welcomed God into my life. 

Although I was raised Catholic, I have a lot of questions. I went to church with my dad but he hasn't been the most faithful Catholic. He's more the type that goes to church every Sunday and does all the Catholic stuff but doesn't seem to live a Christian life.

That being said, I need to ask questions from people who actually know the religion.

I love the Catholic bible. It includes meaningful things that other Bibles do not include.

I guess my first question, and the question that is often asked among different denominations...the Trinity. I have a lot of trouble accepting it. I can see that God & the Holy Spirit can be of the same, but not Jesus. Because he is the son of God, to me that is a separate being. The Bible even says he sits at the right hand of God.

I once asked my dad to explain the Trinity to me but he said he couldn't. So I just need someone to help me understand the Trinity. 
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 5:13AM #2
Mysty101

Hi Rakel,

Welcome to this forum. We will try to help you in any way we can.

One priest once told me that if we could understand everything about a Religion, it would prove that it was man made. Since God is an infinite or supernatural Being, we cannot understand His mysteries with our finite or natural mind. We will get bits and pieces, but we will not understand everything until we see Him face to face.

Jesus does say, ”I and the Father are one”  and “Anyone who sees Me, sees the Father”, so it is stated in the Bible.  How can anyone understand one God, but three distinct persons?  Explanations have been attempted with a 3 leaf clover and a triangle, but again these are natural things.  How can they explain a Supernatural Being?

And the duel nature of Jesus.  How can He be God and Man?  We have His word that these mysteries are true, and we must pray for the Faith to believe.  We are not told we must understand, just that we believe.

Does this help at all?  Let us know how you are progressing with your studies.

Love & Prayers,

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 8:50AM #3
lulu2

What if Jesus was the same as Rakel..in that she believes she is her body? What if Jesus, is the name given Him while in His body? What if His Father housed His True Nature called Christ? What if Gods Souls expression was Christ? What if Christ only knew His Father, until He had the experience of the material? Christ had Gods Character, His spirit, yet He was given a materical expression...called a body image. He was in the world (or body) but not of it!

Much like religion, religion is the outward ...image) of what is the internal longing of man to his(soul)   

Without the Soul of Christ alive in us...we are nothing but empty shells...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2011 - 6:02AM #4
Mysty101

Hi again,

Saint Augustine spent many years studying and attempting to grasp the mystery of the Trinity.

Here is a link to his books

There is a legend about St Augustine.  He was meditating on the Trinity as he was walking along the seashore.  He came upon a lettle boy playing in the sand.  The boy had dug a hole, and kept filling a pail with water and dumping it into the hole.  St Augustine ask what he was doing.  The boy said,  "I'm going to put the whole ocean into the hole."

St Augustine replied that it was impossible.  The little boy said,"It is easier for me to put the whole ocean in this hole, than for you to understand the Trinity."

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 16, 2011 - 6:06AM #5
Mysty101
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook