Switch to Forum Live View Beginning a Mental Illness/Health Ministy in my Church
3 years ago  ::  Dec 13, 2011 - 5:04PM #1
Pathfnd1
I am in the discernment/thinking stage of planning to begin a mental illness/health ministry in my church. The main focus would be on ministering to those inside my church, versus those in prison, on the streets, etc., although I wouldn't rule out the possibility of extending the ministry to the latter persons at some time in the future.

Is anyone aware of other mental illness ministries in the Catholic churches that could help me in my discernment and strategies? I know that the Chicago diocese has a rather large one, and at some time, Portland Oregon had/has one. I don't think there are any in the city in which I live in Washington state. 

Would anyone like to share their thoughts on beginning and/or implementing something like this?

Thank you,

Jennifer
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 12:31AM #2
Rakel

Spokane and Yakima are the dioceses in Washington. You may want to check them out to find out more.

I've been living with mental illness most of my life so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 14, 2011 - 10:49PM #3
Pathfnd1

Thanks, Raken

I will check out Spokane and Olympia. I have been battling depression since my early teens when I used to sit in 8th grade and just cry.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook