Switch to Forum Live View Help me explore Catholicism!
2 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2011 - 11:07AM #1
Andrewbowen
My name is Andrew Bowen, creator of the blog Project Conversion here on Beliefnet.

Project Conversion is a year-long initiative in which I fully immerse myself in the practices, rituals, and customs of one faith each month. I'm doing this to live out the philosophy that we must walk a mile in the shoes of another to truly understand our neighbor.

For December, my last month on this journey, I'm living as a Catholic. And I need your help. I have the help of a Mentor each month, however the conversation from members of the faith on the Facebook page really add a rounded experience from discussion and questions. I hope you'll consider joining and helping others understand your faith. Here is a link to the page.

Thanks for your time and I hope to see you there!

Peace,

Andrew Bowen
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 01, 2011 - 11:05AM #2
Mysty101

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to this forum.

Are you searching for faith, or is this just an intellectual persuit?

I'll be glad to help you explore Catholicism.  Just ask, and I will answer what I can.

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Dec 03, 2011 - 1:44PM #3
Andrewbowen

Suz,

Thank you for your reply!

While every journey is personal, mine is not to search for a personal faith, but to inspire others to delve into the humanity around them and transcend the cultural, religious, philosophical boundaries we often set up around us. By plunging myself into each faith, I am "becoming" those around me at their most personal level and thus removing more and more degrees of separation.

I encourage all members of each faith community to help me experience their religion so that I can be a better teacher to those who want to know more.

Thank you again,

Andrew Bowen

www.projectconversion.com

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook