Page 4 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Episcopalians at Catholic Daily Mass
3 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2011 - 6:13PM #31
GRobit625

Nov 29, 2011 -- 5:31PM, a_dancer wrote:

Nov 29, 2011 -- 4:40PM, GRobit625 wrote:

If she went back and followed their doctrine through and through, regular articular confession,meeting Sunday obligation and the like, she can receive all day.

...she can receive ONCE a day (except Christmas)!

I was just being ironic. I didn't mean "all day" like all day long. I don't get the obsession about receiving in a church of which you don't believe in the authority of, unless you wanted to "go home" so to speak..

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2011 - 6:26PM #32
JimRigas

That was brought up in another thread but I don't remember how it went.  Why?  Where does it say so?  Obviously the officiating priest receives at each service.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 29, 2011 - 6:36PM #33
Dutch777

www.tofinotime.com/articles/A-T502-10img.jpg

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2011 - 12:54PM #34
JoanTreese

Like I said before if and when I receive Communion in an RCC or any other faith, it will be between me and God. Don't let my "unorthodox" approach to Communion be your concern! If we spent more time worrying/caring about our own souls instead of others, we will all be in good stead.Smile

Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2011 - 1:02PM #35
GRobit625

Trust me, I don't lose any sleep over what anyone does. But that won't stop me from sharing my beliefs on the subject either just as you are. You're free to ignore it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2011 - 1:51PM #36
LitanyoftheSaints

Nov 29, 2011 -- 6:36PM, Dutch777 wrote:

www.tofinotime.com/articles/A-T502-10img.jpg

Apparently a few people here do!

Hey, not only have I received communion in an RC church as a non-RC, but I went to  confession in an RC church as a non-RC!

"The centrality of our mission is to love each other. That means caring for our neighbors. And it does not mean bickering about fine points of doctrine."- ++KJS
http://kjsfanpage.blogspot.com/
http://chicksinpointyhats.blogspot.com/

"We are to be Christ's hands and feet and heart and mind and we cannot do that if we assume God's role of judgment. The judge's job is filled. God alone is judge! Those who would be Saviors of the Church and the people in it are also reminded that the Savior's job has been filled. Jesus Christ filled it once for all. "- Bishop Rodney Michel
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2011 - 1:59PM #37
a_dancer

Nov 29, 2011 -- 6:26PM, JimRigas wrote:

That was brought up in another thread but I don't remember how it went.  Why?  Where does it say so?  Obviously the officiating priest receives at each service.

We were speaking rules for taking communion the RC way.  That's one of the them: lay people can only receive once a day, except at Christmas Midnight mass and the one other time Christmas day.  (I remember all kinds of dire warnings against actually [gasp!] touching a consecrated host: only a priest's hands were holy enough to do that.)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2011 - 2:36PM #38
Dutch777

Many of us were baptized and confirmed in the RCC.  There was a method of formally withdrawing from the RCC called Acta Defecationorum Factorm Kumquatorum Romanorum or some such title.  It didn't un-baptize or un-confirm the RC but did allow some form of voluntary renunciation of affiliation.

I'm not aware that any of us have taken advantage of that provision --- which doesn't exist anymore, anyway.  Seems too many RCs were applying to become X RCs, and this gummed up the works for the local dioceses.  It was also embarassing for them; the hemorrhage of communicants out of the Vatican Church.

Bottom line: we XRCs really aren't X,  --- just lapsed, apostate, heretical RCs.  How 'bout that ?  Tongue Out  

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2011 - 2:53PM #39
Dutch777

Here it is, folks:  the application process for getting out of Rome.  Ah well, it's been rescinded as of 2009; all good things come to an end.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actus_formalis_def...

Anyway, it was a grueling, 3-stage process which included appearing before the RC bishop or his designated agent for a "chat".  (Translation: tongue-lashing and browbeating about leaving the one-true-chuch and entering the express lane to hell).

There was a website which provided info and print-out applications re: leaving the RCC.  The site was called Count Me Out but is now inactive because of the suspension the the Acta Defecation Kumquatis Catholica by the Vatican.

This isn't an issue for me inasmuch as I don't and won't receive communion in the RCC.  Both sides should be pleased with that.  Besides, I've burned my bridges behind me --- and blown-up the girders and pilings too.  Cool

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 30, 2011 - 3:06PM #40
Dutch777

[/quote]

(I remember all kinds of dire warnings against actually [gasp!] touching a consecrated host: only a priest's hands were holy enough to do that.)[/quote]

Balderdash !

My tongue is holier than any priest's hands.  Do they sanitize their digits with Listerine ?

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next