Switch to Forum Live View Greg West rebuts Christian Post article
2 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2011 - 9:48AM #1
Acts 28:22
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2011 - 4:42PM #2
BillThinks4Himself

Greg West rebutted this? The Church of Joseph Smith of Latter-day Saints  Why?  Did he regard The Christian Post as the kind of news outlet whose influence needed to be countered?

I read Greg West's "rebuttal."  It's pathetic.  It doesn't even go point for point.  It's just a litany of denunciations.  A critical review of the piece, were it worth the effort, could have been done so much better by someone who doesn't look like he's doing an impression of John Oliver from The Daily Show.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2011 - 6:20PM #3
Acts 28:22

You are correct Bill, Greg replied to (not rubutted) the article.  I saw and skimmed the article just before leaving this morning and posted it; poor choice of words on my part.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2011 - 12:28AM #4
BillThinks4Himself

Oct 23, 2011 -- 6:20PM, Acts 28:22 wrote:

You are correct Bill, Greg replied to (not rubutted) the article.  I saw and skimmed the article just before leaving this morning and posted it; poor choice of words on my part.

I'm probably being too critical of Greg.  For that I apologize.  My drive-by was not meant as a criticism of you in any way, just a quick comment to keep things moving.  I'm glad you picked up the article.  It does make for some interesting discussion.  Pardon my tone.  I get on my high horse from time to time.

Keep it coming! :-)

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2011 - 12:41AM #5
moksha8088

Oct 23, 2011 -- 4:42PM, BillThinks4Himself wrote:

... could have been done so much better by someone who doesn't look like he's doing an impression of John Oliver from The Daily Show.

Due to Greg West's resemblance to the younger John Oliver, I will now never get that out of my head when clicking on one of Act's links to his column.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook