Post Reply
Switch to Forum Live View Without religion, so much beauty would be lost
3 years ago  ::  Sep 30, 2011 - 10:59PM #1
Acts 28:22
Posts: 1,621

Without religion, so much beauty would be lost



Great article by Dan Peterson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2011 - 5:28AM #2
Pocohontas
Posts: 17

Sep 30, 2011 -- 10:59PM, Acts 28:22 wrote:

Without religion, so much beauty would be lost



Great article by Dan Peterson


OK I give up?? Where is this article? Is it in a LDS newspaper or mag? Serious!


 


Love, Pocohontas ( true disciples will have love among themselves)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2011 - 9:17AM #3
Acts 28:22
Posts: 1,621

Oct 1, 2011 -- 5:28AM, Pocohontas wrote:


OK I give up?? Where is this article? Is it in a LDS newspaper or mag? Serious!



Deseret News is an LDS newspaper

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2011 - 10:05AM #4
Pocohontas
Posts: 17

Oct 1, 2011 -- 9:17AM, Acts 28:22 wrote:

Oct 1, 2011 -- 5:28AM, Pocohontas wrote:


OK I give up?? Where is this article? Is it in a LDS newspaper or mag? Serious!



Deseret News is an LDS newspaper


Thank you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 02, 2011 - 8:18PM #5
moksha8088
Posts: 4,946

Art history would be thoroughly revised. Michelangelo's Sistine ceiling, "David" and "Pieta"? Gone. Leonardo da Vinci's "Last Supper"? Never painted. Bernini's "St. Teresa in Ecstasy"? Never sculpted. Westminster Abbey? St. Paul's Cathedral? The cathedrals of Chartres, Salisbury and Notre Dame? Norway's stave churches? St. Basil's Cathedral? Istanbul's Hagia Sophia? The Byzantine mosaics at Ravenna? All gone. Makoto Fujimura's "The Four Holy Gospels"? Many of the works of Albrecht Dürer? Invisible. Rio de Janeiro's statue of "Christ the Redeemer"? Vanished.



I think this list of Dr. Peterson's inadvertently left off Edvard Munch's painting, The Scream.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook