Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View To WELS or not to WELS
5 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2013 - 5:25PM #21
lori-dee-3

Sep 12, 2011 -- 10:11PM, Florita10 wrote:

Currently I belong to an LCMS church and I have decided after much prayer, pain, and procrastination, to change congregations. I wish to find a small to mid-size liturgical conservative Lutheran church.

There is a church in the city to our south that is LCMS and from the website it sounds as if it is the right size & liturgical, however, on the way I notice there is a small WELS congregation. Less than half the drive-time. I haven't visited the churches, yet. I'm still getting my nerves up.

My concern is, I am "unequally-yoked". My husband is a non-believer, does not and will not attend church with me.  I am seeking to join with our two youngest children (the oldest two are adults & off at college). Someone told me that WELS will not accept married women for membership without their husbands. I don't know if this is true. If it is, I'm not going to bother visiting.

Anyone know anything about this?  Thank you!

This is not true to my knowledge. I have been a WELS member all of my life. And just this year we voted on being able to take commmunion every Sunday instead of the 1st & 3rd which we use to. We have many members that have only one parent famillies. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
5 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2013 - 10:34PM #22
G_Erdner

I would make one general recommendation regarding selecting a congregation to join. There are many factors to consider, including how well you can fit into the total life of the congregation which includes Sunday worship but goes beyond that to the other aspects of life in Christian fellowship. The denomination that the congregation is affiliated with is important, but nowhere near the most important consideration. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook