Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 4:18AM #1
MMCSFOX

For the college sports followers:

www.goairforcefalcons.com/sports/w-socce...

My brother's granddaughter but still family. Too bad she is not Navy.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 10:49PM #2
moksha8088

Congratulations to the Fox family on McKenna.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 25, 2011 - 1:56PM #3
MMCSFOX

William James, one of the founders of modern psychology said  this: "The deepest principle of human nature is a craving to be appreciated."

I started this with the idea that others may want to brag about people, events or groups that are worthwhile and this could be a place to brag about them. A little pride is ok here.

I will add a brag about our US Army guys. Last Friday evening I was on my way out of town in the freeway fast lane (the supercharger makes me do it) having just past a small convoy of assorted Army vehicles when my lane came to an abrupt stop. A two car accident had just happened four cars in front of me with one car on its side. The four cars in front of me changed lanes and went on their way passed the accident. Myself and the car behind me went around, parked and as we started back to the accident we found that the Army we had just passed was there just before us carrying fire extinguishers which needed to be used at once as a fire started in the engine of the car that was on its side, a medical kit and men starting to control traffic around the accident, men checking passengers of both cars. The car on its side had a lady driver with two young kids all who thankfully had their seat belts on. Four Army men were able to help all out of the overturned car and then two stayed with them in a comforting role as the lady and kids were pretty shook up. These guys had everything under as much control as there could be. The only thing that I was able to do was to get some water bottles out of my emergency kit for the lady and kids which helped calm them down. The man in the accident car behind was still being treated for some cuts on his arm when I left, as I thankfully felt unneeded at the scene.

Here is one for the Army.

Jesse F.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 2:52PM #4
MMCSFOX

I have just been told about one of my granddaughter Michelle’s new award.

“AP Scholar with Honors Award. In recognition of exemplary college-level achievement on Advanced Placement Program examinations 2011”

My son also added a note in his e-mail about our 4 year old grandson, that he had just swam for the first time. Then he asked my son if he wanted to race.

Jesse F.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 3:03PM #5
withwonderingawe

I heard this saying once; you can’t tell how good a parent you were until you see how your grandchildren turn out. 

Sounds like you did a good job. 

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 5:14PM #6
MMCSFOX

WWW, for many years I was working a 60 hour week and did not help much with the kids at that time. I will pass your note to my Wife who deserves the credit.

Jesse F.

Brilliance runs in My family, but in a zig zag pattern.

-  Frank and Ernest

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2011 - 4:14PM #7
MMCSFOX

I FEEL LONELY HERE. Does no one have anything to brag about with their family, their job, their City Council, the weather, their neighbors, their neighbor’s children, THEIR SPOUSE, grandkids, a foster family? Another of my brother’s granddaughters is a US Marine stationed on Okinawa and I feel thankful and a little proud that there are enough of those who are willing to serve their country. My brother and his wife are on their second mission at Martons Cove so maybe their kids and grandkids have learned something from them. I just seem to see a lot of neat things as I look around each day that are worthy of comment. You continue to see me commenting about the Optimist Youth Home where some great work is done with at-risk kids and I will continue with that. (www.OYHFS.ORG) Maybe bragging is not what we can do here but simply using this place as a way to say thank you to others and the Lord, if we think about it that way.

William James, one of the founders of modern psychology said this: "The deepest principle of human nature is a craving to be appreciated." The field, to me seems to be unlimited as I look around and see things that we should be thankful for that we generally take for granted.

Jesse F.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2011 - 4:52PM #8
withwonderingawe

Does no one have anything to brag about with their family….

Well it’s been awhile since I’ve talked about them but remember my atheist son in-law?  He’s attending church now, bought the kids church clothes and makes sure they go. My daughter was sustained and set apart today to her first ever church calling. She’s working with the 8 year old girls in their after school program. She’s also going to collage now to be an RN and is about halfway to having her Associate.

Wise men still seek him.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2011 - 1:21AM #9
MMCSFOX

Mormon volenteers with our Navy. More neat people:

newsroom.lds.org/article/mormon-voluntee...

Be sure to then scroll up and click on “topics & background” for more information.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 30, 2011 - 7:45PM #10
MMCSFOX

LOVE RIDE 2011

The Love Ride 2011, back for its 28 year has raised over 20 million dollars to aid muscular dystrophy and autism. Not run last year because of the economy is back in October 2011 due to the great need to help kids and because of the calls from those who wish to help. The Glendale Ca. Harley Davidson owner has personally given money to the Optimist Youth Home (www.oyhfs.org) and many other groups and I feel a need to brag about that and all of those who make this ride great. There really are a lot of good people out there who do things quietly without notice.

THANK YOU

Jesse F.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook