3 years ago  ::  Jul 07, 2011 - 5:55PM #1
Bob10

If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, GIVE EAR to His commandments and keep all His statutes(Psalm 19:8), I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you.” Exodus 15:26 (New King James Version).

Then Peter began to speak to them: ‘I truly understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him -- Acts 10:34-35

They have forsaken the right way and gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Beor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;  -- 2 Peter 2:15 (New King James Version)

“Therefore let it be known to you that the salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will HEAR it!” -- Acts 28:28

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 12, 2011 - 10:44AM #2
nnn123

perhaps that God's will is not so complicated.

perhaps it is as simple as praying daily, doing Bible study daily, doing acts of charity and being as kind as you can in all interactions.

Certainly, when the Christian mystics say, "Love God, then do as you please" they are alluding to the importance of simple kindness, of letting our spirit be guided by the love we feel for others.  That it is that love for others which shows us the way.  Mere intellectual understanding can never be the sole guide.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 15, 2011 - 10:40AM #3
Bob10

Hi, nnn123

....be obedient to Jesus Christ (Mk 12:29-34)....   -- 1Peter 1:2, NIV

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook