Switch to Forum Live View Something for the 4th of July
3 years ago  ::  Jul 01, 2011 - 2:27PM #1
mitchel1
Check out this most recent contribution to the Disciples Peace Fellowship blog. Are you going to enjoy a little idolatry for the 4th? www.dpfweb.org/dpf-blog/2011/6/30/christ...
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 09, 2011 - 9:39PM #2
Vanessa86

Snort. I am obviously tired. I read that as "are you going to enjoy a little adultery for the fourth?"

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 4:37PM #3
mecdukebec

I really enjoy these pieces and the similar posts on Redletter Christian (Tony Campolo's) site; however, I wander where all this was when God and George W. Bush were invading Iraq.  Evangelicals went into apostasy and the mainline church was pretty quiescent then, too.

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 12, 2011 - 10:22AM #4
mitchel1

mecdukebec, I can only speak for myself. DisciplesWorld published an article against the war at the end of 2002 as well as a piece I did challenging patriotism in church. I wrote articles on both subjects in DW again after the war started.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook