Switch to Forum Live View Ichthus is this common?
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2011 - 4:26PM #1
Jupiter6208
Do you have a Jesus Fish, Ichthus on your vehicle?
"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2011 - 5:53PM #2
tawonda

Um...no...why do you ask?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2011 - 6:03PM #3
Jupiter6208

Those Fish car emblems i  see them on alot of cars.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2011 - 6:43PM #4
Sherylyn

I don't, but a friend of mine (who is an evolutionary biologist and a Lutheran) always joked about putting both a Jesus fish and a Darwin fish (the one with the feet) on our cars to really blow some people's minds.

We live in the very deep, very fundamentalist south, where a most people assume that Christianity and evolution are, by definition, mutually exclusive.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2011 - 7:02PM #5
TomeReader

Sherylyn

My BS is in zoology so I was trained as an evolutionary biologist and I've often wanted to do the same thing!

Lynn

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2011 - 7:15PM #6
Jupiter6208
I guess everyone has their own interpretation but I like the Darwin fish personally,  I'm Christian so you have the fish and I believe in Evolution and that's where the legs and Darwin in the middle come in.  I have also seen a fish with legs emblem with the word Jesus in the middle.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2011 - 8:26PM #7
tawonda

I love the idea of a "Jesus fish"/"Darwin fish" hybrid. I get so tired of getting into discussions with creationists.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2011 - 9:28PM #8
Jupiter6208

Here is the Jesus walking feet emblem

www.chromeautoemblems.com/popup_image.ph...

And the Darwin fish

www.amazon.com/Evolution-Design-Inc-Darw...

I'm debating which one to get.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook