Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
6 years ago  ::  Aug 20, 2011 - 11:32PM #11
AFskypilot

Steve

Here are several articles on  the Virgin Mary:

www.thelutheran.org/template/results.cfm...

If I may make a suggestion, you might also be interested in reading through the Book of Concord which has the basic doctrines of the Lutheran Church.  In particular, read through the Augsburg Confession, which was written to show we were still catholic in our teachings, and the Apology (or Defense) of the Augsburg Confession, which expanded on the original confession--it has a good section on the saints.  You can read it on line @

bookofconcord.org/augsburgconfession.php

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Aug 21, 2011 - 4:16PM #12
steve

Thanks so much.  The first few links you gave me of the Lutheran answered the question.  Thanks also for the other link on Lutheran doctrine.  ONline is good!  I'll bookmark both.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 6:58PM #13
allan444

---

Why did Luther say in his sermon about infant baptism that “in baptism the children themselves believe and have their own faith,”

---

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 06, 2012 - 10:28PM #14
teilhard

Because we understand "Faith" to be a GIFT --- NOT an Accomplishment ...

Mar 6, 2012 -- 6:58PM, allan444 wrote:

---

Why did Luther say in his sermon about infant baptism that “in baptism the children themselves believe and have their own faith,”

---

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Mar 12, 2012 - 5:40AM #15
allan444

Mar 6, 2012 -- 10:28PM, teilhard wrote:

Because we understand "Faith" to be a GIFT --- NOT an Accomplishment ...

Mar 6, 2012 -- 6:58PM, allan444 wrote:

---

---

Thanks , I always wondered how the ceremony of baptism saves someone but now I can  understand that the words

“For it is by his grace that we have been saved through faith, and this faith was not from you, but it is the gift of God”

hold true especially in  infant baptism………..another instance of Gods  immense love for us

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook