Switch to Forum Live View the rapture ruptured
3 years ago  ::  May 22, 2011 - 3:38AM #1
TomeReader
Went to a baseball game tonight (the Diamondbacks won! Sorry Twins fans) and six o'clock came and went and I'm still alive and the world is still here.

I'm continually puzzled by the concern over the end times. I'm too busy trying to love God and my neighbor as I love myself.

No I didn't plant a tree, but I did hear the crack of a lot of wooden bats.

Lynn       
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 22, 2011 - 8:27AM #2
tawonda

This week I planted 24 assorted trees and shrubs (whips, not big plants) and about 8 feet of mixed annual flowers...my response to rumors of a "Rapture.";-)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 22, 2011 - 10:28AM #3
AFskypilot

We were going to plant a garden this weekend but got rained out.  Oh well, next weekend.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 22, 2011 - 7:11PM #4
TomeReader

Despite my sarcastic tone, I'm really concerned for those who believed that yesterday was the so-called rapture. How are they handling this? Will some commit suicide? Will some leave the faith? What about those who quit their jobs or stopped making house payments?

Despite my intense aversion, bordering on hatred (forgive me Lord!), for this kind of faith expression, I have deep compassion and concern for those who were disappointed.

Lynn

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 23, 2011 - 12:12PM #5
teilhard

We had a small-but-significant Tornado rip through Minneapolis and northern Suburbs yesterday ...

Numerous Branches and House-Bits were caught-up into The Air ...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 25, 2011 - 10:52PM #6
AFskypilot

Thought people would like this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5MDqUAfPcI

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 26, 2011 - 12:48AM #7
TomeReader

Earliest Lutheran history has already expressed our disbelief in such nonsense: "Here I stand I can do no other!"

Therefore, at the Rapture all of us Lutherans will still be left standing (or sitting or lying down). The only exception would be those of us in various sorts of aircraft: In that case we will truly be taken up in the air (but with today's airlines we might still be sitting on the tarmac or in the terminal).

Lynn

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook