And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jun 24, 2011 - 12:40PM #22
Dutch777

www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20074010-10391704.html

A number of new developments on the foreskin front.  To cut costs, medicaid will no longer fund cutting penises.   San Fran Cut Ban examined.  Enjoy.

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 06, 2011 - 11:18AM #23
Dutch777

Ah well, the anti-circumcision protagonists are appealing to the general American public at its own level.  They've issued a comic book entitled Foreskin Man.  Enjoy.

foreskinman.com/

The full series of illustrated panels is posted and rather well done. 

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2011 - 12:14PM #24
Dutch777

OK folks, it's official: signed, sealed, notorized, sanforized, and delivered.

Circumcision cuts the AIDS risk in Africa by 76%.

news.yahoo.com/aids-evidence-backs-circu...

(What is that "snip-snip" sound that I hear coming from the Global South?).

Let's expand the campaign with the slogan:

Circumcize Jack; Not Jill.

Any other creative suggestions?

Since the CoE provides so much leadership in the UK, I would think that our fellow Anglicans in Great Albion would step forward on this one --- starting with the House of Lords (CoE bps. are ex officio members, btw).   OK, M'Lords, drop your knickers and grit your teeth; it only takes 30 seconds.  We have the Great Grand Mohel of the UK present for this noble cause.

Wherever did Rowan disappear to ?

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 20, 2011 - 8:39PM #25
Roodog

May 13, 2011 -- 11:44PM, LitanyoftheSaints wrote:

Don't you mean "A Cut Below"?

The Rabbi gets the fee, the mohel gets the tips......

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2011 - 12:29PM #26
Dutch777

Now that circumcision has been formally, medically recommended as greatly reducing the probability of contracting AIDS, wouldn't TEC's assistance to the Global South include the Anglican equivalent of a Mohel ?

Natch, we couldn't use the Hebrew term "mohel"; perhaps "Yankee Clipper" would be more in accord with our Anglo antecedents.

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 23, 2011 - 10:36AM #27
Roodog

A man goes into a shop and tell the propietor that he wants to have his watch fixed.

The propeitor says," I am not a watchmaker, I am a Mohel."

"Why do you have a clock in your window?" Asked the customer.

"What am I SUPPOSED to have in my window?" asked the Mohel.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 10:15AM #28
Dutch777

Dangerous?  Disgusting?  Bizarre?  What words spring to consciousness within your mind?

www.nydailynews.com/new-york/york-city-health-department-strongly-urges-ultra-orthodox-circumcision-ritual-article-1.1091492

Funny thing is that an adult sucking on a child's penis is pedophilia, child abuse --- unless the adult is a mohel --- then it's a perfectly legal & honored tradition.  How utterly  bizarre.  What say you?

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 10:59AM #29
Jupiter6208

May 17, 2011 -- 8:30AM, Dutch777 wrote:

May 16, 2011 -- 7:53PM, kimberley1983 wrote:

Dutch - Yeah the Muslims do. I should have been clearer and specific. My husband is from south south Asia (Sri Lanka) and is hindu. I don't think they practice circumcision and make sure they keep things clean.

The thing I most respect about Hindus is their remarkable level of tolerance.  They really do believe in "walk your own Dharma*Path; do no harm.  The two things that aggrivate Hindus are attempts to evangelize Hindus into a different faith and the carving out of Pakistan from the sub-continent in 1949 (or was it '48?).

I had an internet conversation with a Hindu gentleman in Sidney some time ago.  He stated that I'm really a Hindu but just don't realize it.  :)   I take that as a compliment.

Well yes Dutch you are Hindu and it's ok Just keep following your Dharma path.

Namaste

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 08, 2012 - 11:02AM #30
Jupiter6208

Jun 8, 2012 -- 10:15AM, Dutch777 wrote:

Dangerous?  Disgusting?  Bizarre?  What words spring to consciousness within your mind?

www.nydailynews.com/new-york/york-city-health-department-strongly-urges-ultra-orthodox-circumcision-ritual-article-1.1091492

Funny thing is that an adult sucking on a child's penis is pedophilia, child abuse --- unless the adult is a mohel --- then it's a perfectly legal & honored tradition.  How utterly  bizarre.  What say you?

Yes that's pretty sick and in the name of Religion.... 

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook