Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

 
Post Reply
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View Faithful "Lutherans" are NOT "Schismatics" but "Confessional"
7 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2011 - 2:09PM #51
G_Erdner
Posts: 172

There you all can see the typical ELCA position. If you don't believe exactly as we do, then leave. The ELCA tolerates everyone except those who don't totally and completely agree with unfettered toleration. Those who aren't totally and completely sold on the whole revisionist agenda are to be cast out from the ELCA.


So, when is the ELCA going to start driving people from their churches?

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2011 - 2:14PM #52
teilhard
Posts: 53,304

??? ... ummmm ... ??? ... 


No ... I'm simply indicating that IF you feel the NEED to LEAVE The ELCA (for whatever Reasons of your own), then, by all Means, Go in Peace(+) ... or not ...


 ... whatever ...


"There's just no pleasing some People ... !!!"


 -- The Lord Jesus of Nazareth, in Luke 7:31-35


Apr 13, 2011 -- 2:09PM, G_Erdner wrote:


There you all can see the typical ELCA position. If you don't believe exactly as we do, then leave.





Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2011 - 2:18PM #53
WannabeTheo
Posts: 401

Apr 13, 2011 -- 2:09PM, G_Erdner wrote:


There you all can see the typical ELCA position. If you don't believe exactly as we do, then leave. The ELCA tolerates everyone except those who don't totally and completely agree with unfettered toleration. Those who aren't totally and completely sold on the whole revisionist agenda are to be cast out from the ELCA.


So, when is the ELCA going to start driving people from their churches?





Now you're just getting hysterical.


And your last question implicitly acknowledges that the ELCA doesn't drive people from its churches.  I agree.  Some people choose to leave, and I wish them well.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2011 - 2:19PM #54
G_Erdner
Posts: 172

Apr 13, 2011 -- 2:14PM, teilhard wrote:


??? ... ummmm ... ??? ... 


No ... I'm simply indicating that IF you feel the NEED to LEAVE The ELCA (for whatever Reasons of your own), then, by all Means, Go in Peace(+) ... or not ...


 ... whatever ...


"There's just no pleasing some People ... !!!"


 -- The Lord Jesus of Nazareth, in Luke 7:31-35


Apr 13, 2011 -- 2:09PM, G_Erdner wrote:


There you all can see the typical ELCA position. If you don't believe exactly as we do, then leave.









Well, I feel the need (and the call) to remain in the ELCA for at least a while longer in order to call the revisionists to repent, recant, and return to orthodox Lutheran belief, teaching, and practice. I feel the need (and the call) to refute the poison being taught and preached by the revisionists, and to counteract their lies by speaking (and posting) the truth, especially in places where the revisionists don't want to hear (or read) the truth.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2011 - 3:04PM #55
teilhard
Posts: 53,304

Well, then ... Indeed ...


BE "Confessional" as it seems Good and Necessary for you ...


But, and, AGAIN, I note that "Confessional" =/= "Schismatic" ...


Apr 13, 2011 -- 2:19PM, G_Erdner wrote:


Apr 13, 2011 -- 2:14PM, teilhard wrote:


??? ... ummmm ... ??? ... 


No ... I'm simply indicating that IF you feel the NEED to LEAVE The ELCA (for whatever Reasons of your own), then, by all Means, Go in Peace(+) ... or not ...


 ... whatever ...


"There's just no pleasing some People ... !!!"


 -- The Lord Jesus of Nazareth, in Luke 7:31-35


Apr 13, 2011 -- 2:09PM, G_Erdner wrote:


There you all can see the typical ELCA position. If you don't believe exactly as we do, then leave.









Well, I feel the need (and the call) to remain in the ELCA for at least a while longer in order to call the revisionists to repent, recant, and return to orthodox Lutheran belief, teaching, and practice. I feel the need (and the call) to refute the poison being taught and preached by the revisionists, and to counteract their lies by speaking (and posting) the truth, especially in places where the revisionists don't want to hear (or read) the truth.


 





Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2011 - 9:12PM #56
WannabeTheo
Posts: 401

Apr 13, 2011 -- 2:19PM, G_Erdner wrote:


I feel the need (and the call) to refute the poison being taught and preached by the revisionists, and to counteract their lies by speaking (and posting) the truth, especially in places where the revisionists don't want to hear (or read) the truth.





Is that what you are trying to do here?  If that is your purpose, you need to back up and defend your accusations, not withdraw from conversations after being challenged, just to make more unsubstantiated claims.  For example, you accused the ELCA of preaching 'works righteousness', an accusation you never even bothered to substantiate.  When you were challenged, you simply withdrew from the conversation.  Same thing when you claimed people who 'drink the ELCA Kool Aid' don't believe in right or wrong.  You never backed it up, and when you were challenged, you just dropped out of the conversation.


Exactly how is that supposed to refute or counteract anything?  You seem quite capable of spewing invective and hurling insults, but changing hearts and minds?  No.  At best your posts are some form of self therapy, helping you work out your rage in a non-violent manner.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2011 - 2:19AM #57
AFskypilot
Posts: 352

I think Mr. Erdner just proved my point.  Sorry, G, I cannot bide by your brand of orthodoxy.  I grew up in such a church and it ended up everyone was splitting hairs trying to be more orthodox than the other.


Christ is not served when this happens.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2011 - 9:44AM #58
teilhard
Posts: 53,304

" ... tithing dill and mint and cumin ... " DOES have its proper Place ... but ...


Apr 14, 2011 -- 2:19AM, AFskypilot wrote:


I think Mr. Erdner just proved my point.  Sorry, G, I cannot bide by your brand of orthodoxy.  I grew up in such a church and it ended up everyone was splitting hairs trying to be more orthodox than the other.


Christ is not served when this happens.





Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Dec 19, 2014 - 1:39AM #59
Roymond
Posts: 3,779

Apr 5, 2011 -- 2:16PM, Frances wrote:


Where is a synod heading when it accepts and promotes the teachings of Marcus Borg, who calls into question the divinity of Jesus, his death and resurrection? Core beliefs to Lutherans and Christians. Marcus Borg was recently a guest theologian at the Synod's annual meeting. To deny that Jesus was the begotten son of God, that he died for the redemption of sin and was resurrected on the 3rd day and ascended into heaven makes Jesus irrelevant. If Jesus is irrelevant than those who espouse the denial of his being the son of God, etc. have no business calling themselves Christians because they have denied Christ.




Though there's been no activity here for so long, I still feel compelled to comment here.


I spent a term at Christ Seminary / Seminex in the early 80s.  One professor told usthere was no such thing as prophecy, and "God didn't know Jesus was going to be born".  Another told us that the tomb was only empty because the body "dissipated", and that the Resurrection "only happened in the hearts of the disciples".  Another essentially espoused Arianism, maintaining that there was no eternal God the Son, no virgin birth, but Jesus was "elevated" to be God's Son.


Everything you list above could be found there.  I don't know what they were like at the start, but by then it was no longer entirely accurate to say that Seminex wasn't Lutheran, because they had ceased to be in any proper sense Christian.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook