Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

7 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2011 - 3:20AM #1
truthseeker630
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd introduce myself.  My name's Andrew, and I have been going to Divine Liturgy services for about 2 months now at my local Greek Orthodox church.  I've been talking with the priest a lot there, and am currently undergoing "Chrysmation Classes" as a potential convert. 

I'm really interested in church history, and learning more about it as helped me to understand why we as Christians believe what we believe.  It's not like one day, somebody just went "Oh I know what would be a good idea.." 

I noticed this particular forum doesn't get that much activity, but I'd be interested in getting to know you guys too.

God bless!
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2011 - 12:09AM #2
Kerygma

Welcome, Andrew (and welcome to the Church).

This forum is pretty much dead (as is much of Beliefnet since they enforced changes a few years back to change itself into a social network, thereby driving away most of the members). There are a few (pitiful few) still remaining here but in truth you would be better served going to:

OrthodoxChristianity.net

That's not meant as a means of pushing you away... by all means, we'd love to have some new members. However, it might be worth your while to discover a more active Orthodox forum and one where your needs and questions would be more readily addressed.

Best wishes to you during this Lenten season.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 23, 2011 - 12:12PM #3
Xapisma

Welcome Andrew, from the deeply error ridden Protestant who is generally tolerated amongst the Orthodoxen. >grin<

Yes, this forum is pretty quiet. But the few who remain are well versed in the things of the faith, and will gladly help you in any way they can.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Dec 31, 2011 - 5:17AM #4
mephodie

A belated welcome Andrew!  The three previous posts on this thread were in March.  I am curious to know how things have progressed for you since then.  If you have any questions that I may respond to, I will be glad to try.

html_removed
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook