Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Your Coffee Hour Menu
7 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2011 - 4:49PM #1
tawonda
What foods do you commonly serve for your church fellowship time?

Ever since I started going to my present church, I've been a bit astounded by what an elaborate spread our coffee hour hosts put out for the rest of the congregation: it usually includes meat elements (crackers with a meat spread; meat hors d'ouevres; tea sandwiches), crunchy snacks and several desserts.  My late mother was so intimidated by this that she never wanted to volunteer for the task, and when we did she always felt as if we weren't meeting expectations.

On the other hand, when we've taken on Sunday fellowship hour, we've kept it fairly simple; donuts and fruit, or tea breads and fruit -- and people seem to like it. One of our elder members came up to us and thanked us for keeping it simple; "It's gotten out of control!"

So...do you have a minimalist coffee hour or something more like a "snack-luck"? Just wondering.

And has anyone been trying to incorporate healthier choices into fellowship time?

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2011 - 9:35PM #2
WannabeTheo

Usually just cookies to go along with the coffee.  We may have cake on a special occasion.

The UCC church we share our worship space with tends to have healthier options, like grapes.  Frankly, I don't really care since I am not looking to eat a meal.  One or two cookies or a lemon bar are fine with me.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook