3 years ago  ::  Mar 13, 2011 - 5:04PM #1
Cute2u
I feel so disconected from god and I need help finding bible passages on prayer.  Could you please help me be teaching me to pray for myself I don't know how.  I never pray for myself .  I pray more for others than I do myself so if you could help me by not only praying for me but help me to find bible passages on prayer.  thank you
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2011 - 11:00AM #2
TemplarS

Well, I'm not a Methodist, but since prayer is universal- what works for me is something along the lines of:

"Lord, help me to_____"

or

"Lord, give me the strength to _____"

You can fill in your own blanks according to the challenges of your own life.  But I have found that asking God to be a partner in your life can be more meaningful than simply asking Him to do something for you.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2011 - 8:12AM #3
byronearnold

Mar 13, 2011 -- 5:04PM, Cute2u wrote:

I feel so disconected from god and I need help finding bible passages on prayer.  Could you please help me be teaching me to pray for myself I don't know how.  I never pray for myself .  I pray more for others than I do myself so if you could help me by not only praying for me but help me to find bible passages on prayer.  thank you

I am not Methodist, I am Episcopalian. However, you may try this. :) www.richardliantonio.com/blog/2009/12/de...

This is only the first article in a series of articles, so keep rerading the entire series for best effect.  The book he recommends (BCP) is freely available online, and you can print the parts out that you need: www.bcponline.org/

The Lord be with you!

Byron

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook