Switch to Forum Live View The Power of the Rosary
4 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2011 - 10:51PM #1
Haiku247american
I grew up with my grandparents, Italian Immigrants, living on the first floor of my house. Everynight, my grandmother would pray the rosary out loud, starting at 4:OOAM, sometimes making her voice hoarse. This was an older style from Italy during the late 1800's and remained with her. She said the Rosary about six hours a day. She always had a decade where she prayed for all the passed in the family. The only name I heard was Si John. One night in my dreams, my grandmother passed through to me. I am a musician, a jazz composer. I heard an angel choir and a series of rhythms and melodies. I also saw all the people besides Si John that she prayed for, all singing the same song and felt support and thought I knew them, definitely seeing all their faces standing in a row. I got up the next morning and recorded it on my piano. Throughout time, I have jammed on the tune, extending sections and creating transistions. That is the way creativity comes to me. I cannot labor a song. It has to be pure inspiration, no thinking, only expressing the shapes and forms of my feelings. Read my haikus. They also come to me as inspirational pieces. i always carry a small writing pad with me since they could come at anytime and i don't want to miss something I may not remember as perfect. Do you have a similar story to tell the community? 
Haiku247American
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2011 - 10:57PM #2
Ebon

Not that this isn't interesting or touching but why is it here?

He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God. ~ Proverbs 14:31

Fiat justitia, ruat caelum

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2011 - 11:09PM #3
jane2

Feb 28, 2011 -- 10:57PM, Ebon wrote:

Not that this isn't interesting or touching but why is it here?

Wondering the same thing. The rosary is a Catholic devotion, period. It is not part of Catholic theology or Catholic worship.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2011 - 11:26PM #4
solfeggio

Well, as I have discovered myself when starting a thread that really isn't a 'hot' topic, if nothing more topical is brought out, it will be moved to an appropriate forum.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 28, 2011 - 11:31PM #5
drawout

This thread was moved from US News and Politics. sorry

'When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.' - Mark Twain
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Mar 01, 2011 - 1:43PM #6
Beautiful_Dreamer

...and now it's being moved from Christian to Christian Debate. It just seems more at home on this board than it would on C2CD.

Beautiful_Dreamer

Beliefnet Community Host, Christian to Christian Debate

More where that came from...

Writing I get paid to do

Beliefnet Community Host - Christian Faith and Life, Christian to Christian Debate
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook