Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View MUSLIM CONQUEST OF GREAT BRITAIN
4 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2011 - 3:46PM #1
Dutch777

Startling article by Paul L. Williams Ph.D., professor of humanities at U.of Scranton and Wilkes U., (Pennsylvania).

Thoughts?

ibloga.blogspot.com/2011/01/last-crusade...

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2011 - 4:16PM #2
Roodog

Jan 23, 2011 -- 3:46PM, Dutch777 wrote:

Startling article by Paul L. Williams Ph.D., professor of humanities at U.of Scranton and Wilkes U., (Pennsylvania).

Thoughts?

Wait until there are "honor killings" in London.

The Brits will wake up!

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2011 - 4:38PM #3
Jupiter6208

That's already happened here i think.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Buddha.

What the heart loves, the will chooses, and the mind justifies.”

― Thomas Cranmer
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2011 - 5:35PM #4
Roodog

Jan 23, 2011 -- 4:38PM, Jupiter6208 wrote:

That's already happened here i think.

That SHOULD cause an uproar.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2011 - 9:41PM #5
RJMcElwain

Thoughts?

Assuming all these conversions are voluntary, one has to ask what's so attractive about their sales pitch versus the Christian sales pitch these Brits presumeably grew up with.

Robert J. McElwain

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." (Supposedly)Thomas Jefferson

"He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral."
St. Thomas Aquinas

One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. Plato
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 23, 2011 - 9:57PM #6
mecdukebec

These kinds of postings remind me of the panic-posts about "The Mormons are coming." in the U.S. in the late 1980s.  That said, I've known several soldiers who've converted to Islam after having deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 3:34AM #7
AlexanderAC

I'm sorry, this article is absolute sh*t. There is absolutely no way that there are 520,000 conversions to Islam in the UK anually. There are roughly about 2.5 million Muslims in the United Kingdom, and approximately 130,000 Muslim immigrants per year (to decrease further under the current Conservative-LibDem government). The census/statistical analysis has not recorded 0.7 million year on year increases in the Muslim population.

In addition, it claims that 56% of converts are caucasians. If there were 260,000 caucasians becoming Muslims in the UK every year, this would be big news and the subject of intense study. Conversion by caucasians to Islam in the UK is relatively rare, and almost always by women who either marry a Muslim man, or believe that it is, counterintuitively, somehow liberating.

The headline, Muslim Conquest of Britain Nears Completion, is one of the most sensationalist, alarmist, manipulative pieces of trash I have ever seen masquerading as journalism or even editorial opinion, and I regularly read Murdoch owned papers and watch Fox News.

Furthermore, the claim about approximately 1% of Britons attending CofE services has been roundly refuted by the Church of England, who has painstakingly researched the issue and calculated that about 1.7 million Britons attend a Church of England service each month.

I personally feel attending church is an important part of my life, but there are many people who are believers who do not, or people who are culturally sympathetic who do not attend. I thought an important tenet of our beliefs as protestants is that we do not need priests and clerics as intermediarys to God? If Church attendance figures are the be all and end all of a religion or culture's self-esteem, then it is indeed a shallow measure.

The article provides absolutely no citations, and the article is placed next to a raunchy picture of the "Infidel Babe of the Week". This is not the kind of website that I would consider to be credible in any way, nor would I consider someone exclusively published an unreferenced, alarmist article on such a website credible either.

Are there too many Muslims in the UK, and has HM Government allowed them too much freedom to push their bigotry, hatred and oppressive way of life on their brethren and others? Yes, probably. But publishing alarmist articles on websites that have a clear agenda (as does "Dr" Williams, with his "crusade" website) does not make any valid or worthy contribution to the debate.

Alex

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 3:35AM #8
AlexanderAC

Jan 23, 2011 -- 4:16PM, Roodog wrote:

Thoughts?

Wait until there are "honor killings" in London.

The Brits will wake up!

There have been honour killings in London, as there have been in the US, and in Australia and Canada. And they are as often done by Hindus as they are by Muslims.

I would think Americans should be more concerned about racist organisations like Mecha and La Raza that seek to use illegal methods, and even force, to gain power and prestige, and to push their radical agenda of unlimited illegal immigration, than what a few Muslims in Europe are doing.

Yes, Europe took too many immigrants for too long, and are now paying the price with ghettos springing up in their midst, people with alien values attempting to force their oppressive lifestyles on the rest of the population. But Europeans have woken up to this, and governments have been forced to act on it.

Here in Australia, each wave of immigration has been met with alarm and concern, and even bigotry. When many Europeans, Greeks and Italians etc, came post World War 2, there was much disquiet, but they worked hard, assimilated, and are a vital and important part of the community, and their descendents are indistinguishable from any other Australian. These same Greeks and Italians were horrified when hundreds of thousands of Vietnamese immigrated here in the mid to late 1970s following the fall of Saigon. In time, they worked hard, assimilated (and contributed their own unique attributes to the culture), and became Australians.

Now, the Greeks, Italians and Vietnamese descendents are horrified by middle Eastern and African immigrants. The cycle continues. As long as immigration is kept at a level that allows the society to absorb the new immigrants, who will assimilate the dominant culture, and yet make their own contributions to that culture, then I can't see any possible reason for alarm.

Alex

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 4:11AM #9
AlexanderAC

Just an update; the number of conversions to Islam in the United Kingdom is 5,200 per year. I repeat, 5,200 (out of a population of almost 62 million). Not 520,000, not even 52,000. Hardly a conquest nearing completion, I would think?

Alex

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 24, 2011 - 12:56PM #10
Dutch777

Happily, someone discovered that Dr. Williams' stats are bull$#!+. 

The good prof noted that in '01 there were 60,660 conversion to Islam and this had doubled to 520,000 in '10.  Sorry, but the latter figure isn't double the former, no matter how crappy  one's calculator is.  Tongue out   His Sunday average attendance for the CoE is seriously too low also.

Notice also the total lack of documentation for the prof's stats.  He seems to have created them as he  went along (isn't this called "The Big Lie"?).  Every place, in every generation, has its spokespersons for raving paranoia; Dr.  Williams is ours.

White American Caucasions have their "honor" killings too.  They're called "KKK lynchings and shootings". 

Sorry, Dr. Williams:  "If it doesn't make sense, it's bull$#!+".

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next