Switch to Forum Live View New English Translation Glorias
4 years ago  ::  Jan 20, 2011 - 10:07PM #1
Thomas A Quinas

Hat's off to Corpus Christi Watershed for rendering these new Gloria versions:

ENGLISH CHANT MASS • Richard Rice • GLORIA

Free Glory To God using the new ICEL translation (Roman Missal)

Adam Bartlett Gloria

Then of course there's the Latin:

Gloria  in excelsis Deo Et in terra pax homínibus bonæ voluntátis. Laudámus te.  Benedícimus te. Adorámus te. Glorificámus te. Grátias ágimus tibi  propter magnam glóriam tuam. Dómine Deus, Rex coeléstis, Deus Pater  omnípotens. Dómine Fili unigénite, Jesu Christe. Dómine Deus, Agnus Dei,  Fílius Patris. Qui tollis peccáta mundi, miserére nobis. Qui tollis  peccáta mundi, súscipe deprecatiónem nostram. Qui sedes ad déxteram  Patris, miserére nobis. Quóniam tu solus Sanctus. Tu solus Dóminus. Tu  solus Altíssimus, Jesu Christe. Cum Sancto Spíritu  in glória Dei Patris. Amen.
  Glory be to God on  high, and on earth peace to men of good will. We praise Thee. We bless  Thee. We adore Thee. We glorify Thee. We give Thee thanks for Thy great  glory. O Lord God, heavenly King, God the Father almighty. O Lord Jesus  Christ, the only begotten Son. O Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the  Father. Who takest away the sins of the world, have mercy on us. Who  takest away the sins of the world, receive our prayer. Who sittest at  the right hand of the Father, have mercy on us. For Thou only are holy.  Thou only art the Lord. Thou only art most high, O Jesus Christ.  Together with the Holy Ghost  in the glory of God the Father. Amen.
"Our Lord needs from us neither great deeds nor profound thoughts, neither intelligencenor talents. He cherishes simplicity."-- St. Theresa of Lisieux
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2011 - 4:53AM #2
Mysty101

Just found time to listen-----beautiful!!!

Thanks for posting.

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2011 - 12:12PM #3
Thomas A Quinas

You're welcome!  BTW, I just stumbled on to another beautiful English rendition of the Nicene Creed:

I would've just appended it to my original post.  However, whenever I attempt to modify or preview with these Vimeo embeds, the iframe gets removedFrown, so I just decided to post anew.  The Chant Cafe has some good resources in many of their posts (in addition to the Corpus Christi Watershed link provided in the OP).  I also rely on the Church Music Association of America for intriguing chant-related resources, including the Benedictus, the Magnificat, and the Litany of Loreto (all mp3s in Latin) excerpted from the 2009 Colloquim of the CMAA.

Thomas

"Our Lord needs from us neither great deeds nor profound thoughts, neither intelligencenor talents. He cherishes simplicity."-- St. Theresa of Lisieux
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2011 - 1:36PM #4
Servetus

Very nice, Tom Q. 

"The candle that is set up in us shines bright enough for all our purposes." -John Locke
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook