Page 1 of 14  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next
Switch to Forum Live View DISGRUNTLED EXODUS.
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 11:10AM #1
Dutch777

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11709148

What is the significance and impact of this?

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 11:35AM #2
JoanTreese

Not much in my estimation. A parish in the Diocese of Maryland recently went to the RC's. Rumors of the total death and demise of the Anglican faith are just that - rumors.

Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 1:23PM #3
journeying

Just another power struggle.  Women and LGBTs have no place in the church and neither do thinkers like Jack Spong.  Life is easy when you believe that your opinions are facts because they agree with someone else's. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 1:36PM #4
Prajna

There was a huge front page article in my local "Relious Section" about an ACNA church, St. Gabriel's, that is in talks of going Roman.  Literally, the article, the title, and picture were over kill. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 2:13PM #5
Dutch777

The departing bps. will encounter culture shock when they wake-up, no longer bps. or with any hope of ever regaining the episcopate.  They won't be priests; they won't be deacons, they won't even be churchmice.  The people will be presented with Hobson's Choice: Papal Supremacy, Papal infallibility, purgatory, indulgences, Assumption of Mary, the whole menu of Vaticanism; take it or leave it.  They'll totally lack seat, voice, and vote in the governance of their new church.  A woman's right to choose, contraception, any semblence of intellectual openness --- all right down the crapper.

Still, they won't have to deal with female clergy (only male priests who rape altar-boys) or LGBT People who have the temerity to claim a place in the church.  Aufwiedersehn !

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 11:26PM #6
AlexanderAC

Nov 8, 2010 -- 11:10AM, Dutch777 wrote:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11709148

What is the significance and impact of this?

I am shocked, shocked! that any Anglican who has ascended to a Bishopric, who has professed their belief in the 39 articles, affirmed that the Church of Rome has erred, could join the Roman Catholic Church.

Such individuals are not Anglicans at all if they can so easily cast aside our most fundamental beliefs.

Alex

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 08, 2010 - 11:29PM #7
AlexanderAC

Nov 8, 2010 -- 1:23PM, journeying wrote:

Just another power struggle.  Women and LGBTs have no place in the church and neither do thinkers like Jack Spong.  Life is easy when you believe that your opinions are facts because they agree with someone else's. 

I've always imagined that if you're a straight male with no social conscience, then being a member of the Roman Catholic Church would be a breeze.

How exactly the rest of us (gays, women, people with a conscience etc) could find any solace in such a regressive "church" God only knows. If an Anglican has so few principles, loyalty and faith of such profound fluidity, let them go. Good riddance.

Alex

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2010 - 3:40PM #8
JoanTreese

Nov 8, 2010 -- 2:13PM, Dutch777 wrote:

The departing bps. will encounter culture shock when they wake-up, no longer bps. or with any hope of ever regaining the episcopate.  They won't be priests; they won't be deacons, they won't even be churchmice.  The people will be presented with Hobson's Choice: Papal Supremacy, Papal infallibility, purgatory, indulgences, Assumption of Mary, the whole menu of Vaticanism; take it or leave it.  They'll totally lack seat, voice, and vote in the governance of their new church.  A woman's right to choose, contraception, any semblence of intellectual openness --- all right down the crapper.

Still, they won't have to deal with female clergy (only male priests who rape altar-boys) or LGBT People who have the temerity to claim a place in the church.  Aufwiedersehn !

As usual, Dutch, you have hit the nail squarely on its head!  The "bishops" will be in for a BIG surprise when their honeymoon with Rome is over!

Joan

He has told you, O mortal, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? [Micah 6:8]
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 09, 2010 - 6:19PM #9
Dutch777

Joan:

About 25 yrs. ago several hundred  CoE laity and clergy went over to the RCC over womens' ordination and whatever else was disgruntling them.  About 10% returned to the CoE; they couldn't handle the crappola the Vatican dishes out.

Alex:

I agree with you; it's dumbfounding that CoE bps., who swore to uphold the 39 Articles, could switch to Rome.  Evidentally they are "stasists" i.e. their overarching concern is anything but change.  Change, mutability, is one of the few constants in reality, and they cannot abide  that.  One never knows where delusional thinking will lead.

The Path
To Moon Lake
Doesn't Go
There.

So Walk
Your own Dharma*Path
And Be
Mindful

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Nov 12, 2010 - 3:27PM #10
GRobit625

Here is my question, what about the EOC? Why did they petition Rome for a deal and not the EOC? The Anglicans has friendly relations with them for a while so why not them instead? I would have thought that a Anglican/Orthodox deal would be more conceivable than a Roman one.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 14  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook