Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View The Anglican Covenant
3 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2010 - 7:21AM #11
byronearnold

Nov 5, 2010 -- 9:07PM, Roodog wrote:

Nov 5, 2010 -- 7:37PM, byronearnold wrote:

Nov 5, 2010 -- 4:16PM, Roodog wrote:

I have actually read the Covenant and downloaded it.

Had it been adopted 30 years ago, chances are I would have remained in TEC.

TEC was also more conservative then, the chances of adopting it would have been greater then.

My current objections to this covenant is not based on my TEC background but on my Baptist beliefs on the sacraments and church polity.

My objections to it are based upon the belief that foreign interference within the internal affairs of one of the autonomous Anglican Provinces is wrong and needs to be stopped.

That would not happen unless TEC & ACC ratified the Covenant.

You had better get ready for a breach of fellowship  with your fellow Anglicans. This will hurt you more than the customary schisms in the the Baptist Church will hurt us. It seems that the Baptist Church reproduces by fission like protozoa.

The CoE is scheduled to vote on it later this month.  If England doesn't pass it, it is likely to fail and not be of any real effect on any Province who does not accept it.  If England does pass it (which there is a chance of that, since the ABoC supports it) then provinces who do not accept it will probably become second class citizens, excluded from many Communion committees and other events. And maybe even eventually chased off or booted from the Communion.  Thats why the vote in England this month is so important.  Too bad I am not an Englishman where I can petition my bishop to vote against it.  As an American, i just have to sit tight while the fate of our Communion hangs in the balance.  :(

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Nov 07, 2010 - 2:22PM #12
Roodog

Nov 7, 2010 -- 7:21AM, byronearnold wrote:

Nov 5, 2010 -- 9:07PM, Roodog wrote:

Nov 5, 2010 -- 7:37PM, byronearnold wrote:

Nov 5, 2010 -- 4:16PM, Roodog wrote:

I have actually read the Covenant and downloaded it.

Had it been adopted 30 years ago, chances are I would have remained in TEC.

TEC was also more conservative then, the chances of adopting it would have been greater then.

My current objections to this covenant is not based on my TEC background but on my Baptist beliefs on the sacraments and church polity.

My objections to it are based upon the belief that foreign interference within the internal affairs of one of the autonomous Anglican Provinces is wrong and needs to be stopped.

That would not happen unless TEC & ACC ratified the Covenant.

You had better get ready for a breach of fellowship  with your fellow Anglicans. This will hurt you more than the customary schisms in the the Baptist Church will hurt us. It seems that the Baptist Church reproduces by fission like protozoa.

The CoE is scheduled to vote on it later this month.  If England doesn't pass it, it is likely to fail and not be of any real effect on any Province who does not accept it.  If England does pass it (which there is a chance of that, since the ABoC supports it) then provinces who do not accept it will probably become second class citizens, excluded from many Communion committees and other events. And maybe even eventually chased off or booted from the Communion.  Thats why the vote in England this month is so important.  Too bad I am not an Englishman where I can petition my bishop to vote against it.  As an American, i just have to sit tight while the fate of our Communion hangs in the balance.  :(

Remember, the Methodists were once Anglican, its founders were lifelong Anglicans.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook