Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View Within TEC, do we know what the actual numbers are in the same sex marriage debate?
7 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 11:38PM #1
MrWeber

Do we have reliable numbers in terms of "for" and "against" same sex marriage and ordination of homosexual persons?

I have no idea what they would be.

Has a comprehensive, formal poll on the matter ever been done?

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 23, 2010 - 12:04AM #2
byronearnold

Sep 28, 2010 -- 11:38PM, MrWeber wrote:

Do we have reliable numbers in terms of "for" and "against" same sex marriage and ordination of homosexual persons?

I have no idea what they would be.

Has a comprehensive, formal poll on the matter ever been done?

I probably shouldn't post here, as I am a progressive Episcopalian, but I thought I would share this story.

A few weeks ago I met a lady at church who was transfering her membership from the Episcopal church that is closer to where she lives.   Apparently they have a new rector there who is very conservative.  Allegedy, he is constantly preaching fire and brimstone towards gays and chasing his more progressive flock off.  Then again, maybe he wants to chase them off so that those who remain will decide to join the schism Anglican Church.  I don't know though.

Just thought that would be a story to tell, to show that not all of us who have stayed in TEC are progressive or liberal...

God bless you all!  :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 24, 2010 - 1:13AM #3
Roodog

You are free to post here Byron, I do so as an former TECie who is conservative.

I am sure there are still conservatives within TEC unless the libs have thrown them out.

For those who have faith, no explanation is neccessary.
For those who have no faith, no explanation is possible.

St. Thomas Aquinas

If one turns his ear from hearing the Law, even his prayer is an abomination. Proverbs 28:9
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2010 - 12:47AM #4
byronearnold

Oct 24, 2010 -- 1:13AM, Roodog wrote:

You are free to post here Byron, I do so as an former TECie who is conservative.

I am sure there are still conservatives within TEC unless the libs have thrown them out.

We throw no one out.  We invite all to worship with us and ask only that they show respect to all of God's children regardless of ages, sex, doctrine, or sexual orientation.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Nov 17, 2010 - 7:23PM #5
calebevans218

I'm a seminarian at Nashotah House Theological Seminary, a TEC institution, and I am not aware of any TEC seminarians here who fall on the liberal side of that issue. I'm absolutely certain that none of the TEC professors here do.

In Christ,

Caleb

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook