Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Sick of Beliefnet and its Ads
7 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 12:27PM #1
Kerygma

Every time I log in here, I am faced with an avalanche of ads, pop-ups, and flash ads. Frankly, I'm sick to death of Beliefnet and it would appear that many others are as well. I seldom come here anymore for the above reasons, having found other less intrusive Orthodox sites.

I'm not saying "I'm outta here" as I've done in the past, but I suspect that my posts here will be few and far between. Best wishes to you all.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 3:13PM #2
Prajna

I also am tired of the same old ads and pop-ups. 

i've migrated over to Monachos.net

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 11:35PM #3
Xapisma

May I suggest that, instead of complaining to one another, you say something to the PTBs. If they don't hear back from their audience, they won't know.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2010 - 12:15AM #4
Kerygma
html_removed

They don't listen, Charlie. Tried that many times and they never respond. It's all about money, pure and smiple. AND... I had already formed another post which simply vanished. The ads are distracting... the tiresome manner in which you have to log in is ridiculously convoluted... it's just a waste of my time. And I don't need yet another networking site. Facebook this isn't and Facebook is bad enough.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Sep 26, 2010 - 2:37AM #5
razzputin

Facebook Oyvey!  It is afull time jobjust keeping up with facebook!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Sep 27, 2010 - 9:49AM #6
SeraphimR

I use the Firefox browser with the Adblock Plus addon.

I don't see any ads.

----------------------------------------------

www.mozilla.com/en-US/products/

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/...

“So long as there is squalor in the world, those obsessed with social justice feel obliged not only to live in it themselves but also to spread it evenly.”

http://takimag.com/article/the_ugly_truth_theodore_dalrymple
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Sep 27, 2010 - 10:09PM #7
Xapisma

Thanks Seraphim. I'm going to try that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Sep 27, 2010 - 10:13PM #8
Xapisma

Hey! It looks like that worked!

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 11:13PM #9
SeraphimR

Sep 27, 2010 -- 10:13PM, Xapisma wrote:

Hey! It looks like that worked!

Glad to be of service.

“So long as there is squalor in the world, those obsessed with social justice feel obliged not only to live in it themselves but also to spread it evenly.”

http://takimag.com/article/the_ugly_truth_theodore_dalrymple
Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Oct 04, 2010 - 11:25PM #10
Kerygma

I now have Firefox and Adblock Plus and am saying... Good-bye, So-Long ads here on Beliefnet. Sorry. I know they help pay the bills BUT you have it coming. When you bombard us with flash ads in particular... so bad that they distract completely from being able to read the pages... then I have no qualms in killing all of your ads. And when and if you find a way around that, then I'm history. Besides, B-Net continues to lag behind other, better religious forums. It believes it can transform itself into a quasi-religious-social networking site. No way. It stinks compared with what it once was. Hence the migration of dozens of former Orthodox members here to other forums (which shall remain nameless).

Anyway, thanks for the tip, Seraphim.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook