Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
4 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2010 - 11:31AM #61
Dutch777

BB:

It's a biggie and costs $45. before state tax.  Surprised

I'd love to have your thumbnail review when you're finished.

Enjoy !

The Path to Moon Lake
doesn't go there.
So walk your own Dharma*Path;
be mindful.

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 01, 2010 - 2:26PM #62
WaveringCC

Sep 1, 2010 -- 11:31AM, Dutch777 wrote:

BB:

It's a biggie and costs $45. before state tax. 

Enjoy !

I just ordered the book through Barnes and Noble - select "used copies available from $$$" and you will find "new" or "very good" copies for far less. I paid less than $20 and it has been shipped.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 15, 2010 - 5:51AM #63
BBarton

Sep 1, 2010 -- 2:26PM, WaveringCC wrote:

Sep 1, 2010 -- 11:31AM, Dutch777 wrote:

BB:

It's a biggie and costs $45. before state tax. 

Enjoy !

I just ordered the book through Barnes and Noble - select "used copies available from $$$" and you will find "new" or "very good" copies for far less. I paid less than $20 and it has been shipped.

Thanks, Dutch and Wavering!  I've got mine!  Very nice.  I'll be backWink

Another that'll take some time is: "James the Brother of Jesus" by: Robert Eisenman.  I've also got his, "The New Testament Code"

The reason these two are of great inerest to me, is that Jesus' Brother, James seems to be the leader of Christ's followers and 1st Bishop.  Because the Jews had been an occupied people, their royal priesthood displaced, and Jesus, heir apparent publicly executed, it seems to me they're often writing encoded messages.  I suspect that much of the prophecy concering an end that would come in their lifetime; which many use throughout the ages since the rise of Rome's State religion, was in regard to Jerusalem's destruction -not just of the Temple, but the people.  Rome meant to destroy not just a temple, but a nation and her people, regardless of religion. 

I find it most curious, that with the New Testament written after 70ad, one could read it and not know of the horrors Rome brought to obliterate more than a faith.  Of course, when they picked and chose among the texts, they chose those written while people were still being oppressed, tortured, and killed.  Still they wouldn't bow and worship Ceasar.  Making up a state run religion mirroring the Sun God, was a clever ploy.  -Now they had to bend to Rome!

Because the victors aren't always the righteous, as was the case with Rome.  Accadamia has often taught propaganda for history.      

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2010 - 9:49AM #64
Dutch777

Hi Everybody:

I just finished food shopping at "Pathmark" and am now at the 'puter in the Middletown NJ library.  I finished  McCullogh's book Christianity: the First Three Thousand Years last night and dropped it off here a few minutes ago.  It's a long read: the librarian gave me a month instead of the usual two weeks.  It's really worth the time and effort.

Sometimes I just can't figure out human nature.  We've been in a drought for a month.  Yesterday and today we're getting the rain we need yet people are grumbling about the weather !  I'll drown my consternation in a pizza I just bought at the store when I get home.Cool

Old Dutch

The Path to Moon Lake
doesn't go there.
So walk your own Dharma*Path;
be mindful.

Dutch
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 30, 2010 - 4:28PM #65
BBarton

I had to get another.  Either I misplaced it, lent it or....I thought I'd ordered it, but confused it with, The 3rd Edition of "Church History In Plain Language" by Bruce Shelley; which is great, but I did order yours, Dutch.  And It's on sale! 

It looks like I won't be getting any new ones for a while as I've got a mountain of reading ahead!  Ha ha ha   

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook