Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Switch to Forum Live View IGNORING THE OBVIOUS
7 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2010 - 2:32PM #1
Clydson

Jesus asked, “Having eyes, see ye not? And having ears, hear ye not?” Mark 8:18.  He also said, “For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them” Matt 13:15.

It has been rightly said, “None is so blind as he who will not see.”  Our problem is simple.  We do not see what we do not want to see and we do not hear what we do not want to hear.

In the little community in which I grew up, one of my uncles gave a book to a friend and asked her to read it.  It told the gospel in story form and was clearly and beautifully written.  She later returned it to him and he asked her what she thought of it.  She said, “I did not finish it.”  He told her to keep it, he was in no hurry for it.  She answered, “I have read too much of it already.”  She knew what she wanted to believe and she had already read enough to know she believed the wrong things.  She did not want to change her mind and if she continued to investigate, she might change.  The simple solution?  Do not investigate any further!

Any person of perception who has read the Bible knows that we are saved by the grace of God, Eph 2:5.  He knows that we are saved by faith, Acts 16:31.  He also knows we are saved by the blood of Christ, Matt 26:28.  We are saved by enduring to the end, Matt 10:22.  We are saved by hope, Rom 8:24.  We are saved by the washing of regeneration, Titus 3:5.  We are saved by baptism, 1 Peter 3:21.  And, by the gospel, 1 Cor 15:1-2.  The list could be extended but the point would be the same: we are saved by many things.  It is not that some are saved by blood, others by faith, others by grace, and on through the whole list.  Anyone who is saved is saved by all of these things.  None in isolation will save.  This should be obvious to an honest heart.  Yet, many will teach that we are saved by grace alone.  Others will say we are saved by faith only.  Some by works only.  Use the eyes God gave you to see.  God gave you ears to hear, use them.  If using them causes you to see and hear things in God’s word that necessitate changes in your life, be willing to change them.

Lewis Hale (used by permission, Jake)

Quick Reply
Cancel
7 years ago  ::  Jul 08, 2010 - 6:43PM #2
Eagle-1

Good Point, Clydson.   It  takes  all  those  things.   Well  said.   IMO.

Eagle
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook