Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
4 years ago  ::  Sep 17, 2010 - 12:11AM #11
Clydson

It is understood by certain Oracles of God.  For instance;

Luke 16:14
16 "The law and the prophets were until John. Since that time the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is pressing into it.
NKJV

The light used to understand the intent and teaching of Jesus is seen here;

Heb 7:12
12 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
NKJV

Using scripture arbitrarily in defending personal beliefs or understanding can shipwreck one's faith.  Not to mention corrupt God's truth;

2 Tim 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
KJV

Matt 13:51-52
51 Jesus said to them, "Have you understood all these things?" They said to Him, "Yes, Lord."
52 Then He said to them, "Therefore every scribe instructed concerning the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who brings out of his treasure things new and old."
NKJV

The householder who dumps old and new things together has not rightly divided his treasures.

Jake

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 18, 2010 - 4:44PM #12
Xapisma

Hmm... Interesting. But what's that got to do with women's attire?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 20, 2010 - 11:22AM #13
Clydson

Spoken like a true liberal...

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 24, 2010 - 11:37PM #14
Xapisma

You say that like it's a bad thing....Innocent

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 25, 2010 - 3:18PM #15
Clydson

So you believe that saying, "It was the conservatives who crucified Jesus", is a good thing?  Or did you just forget and hoped everyone else did too...

Jake

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Sep 27, 2010 - 10:12PM #16
Xapisma

Except that it WAS the conservatives: the Pharisees, the Sadducees, the Priests, the Romans. They were all about maintaining the status quo, not disturbing the peace, not starting a riot or even worse, a rebellion.

So yes, I stand by my statement.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 4:36PM #17
cg4truth

Jesus told us to do what the Pharasees say and not what they do. They were proud and looked down on others while teaching the word. They were hypocrits and didn't do what they preached. They also added to the truth by teaching as commandments the doctrine of men. The "conservatives" who crucified Christ were claiming to be conservative, but really weren't. Jesus told His followers to follow the conservative teachings of the scriptures and don't be prideful. (Mat 15:1-11; 23:1-12; 7:21-23) The religious leaders' pride is what pushed them to crucify our Lord not the fact that they were "conservative."

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 29, 2012 - 10:55AM #18
Clydson

"Doing as I say and not as I do" is truly a sign of the liberal thinker.  The conservative thinker practices what he preaches in regard to the Word of God.

Claiming that Jesus and his followers were the liberals of their time is merely a claim of today's left, www.thechristianleft.org/.  If I were a liberal, I'd make the same claim.  However, it's their actions that necessarily expose their true character.  It was this reasoning that Jesus used to reveal the heart of the corrupt Scribes, Lawyers and Pharisees of his generation.

Jake

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook