Switch to Forum Live View The Fellowship of the Mystery:
4 years ago  ::  May 27, 2010 - 6:56PM #1
Theo
The Bible speaks of a mystery that was hidden in God from the foundation of the world. What do you think that mystery was about?

1 Cor 2: 7-8 “But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Eph 3:8-11 “To me, who am less than the least of all the saints, this grace was given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to make all see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the ages has been hidden in God who created all things through Jesus Christ; to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavens according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord…”

This mystery, concerning which St. Paul was made a minister, was so obscure, so hidden from view, that not even the principalities and powers in the heavens knew about it – imagine that. God had a secret, something that not even the highest angels knew about, a secret that was made known to them, (i.e. the angels) through the Church. Had they know, had the Romans known, had the Jews known, they would not have crucified the Lord Jesus.

There are several mysteries mentioned in the NT epistles of Paul… one is the joining together of the Jews and Gentiles in the Body of Christ. But I do not think that was something that would have stopped them from crucifying Jesus. The only mystery revealed in the NT that would have stopped them from crucifying the Son of God is the mystery of Christ Himself. Here is what I mean – If the Jews had known that Jesus was the Son of God, had the Romans knew that Jesus was the Son of God, and had the devil known what God’s purpose was in sending His Only begotten Son – they would not have crucified Him.

Therefore, what was this mystery? I can lay it out in two simple Scriptures... 1 John 3:8 “He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.” 1 Tim 3:15-16 “I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth. And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, and received up in glory.”

The mystery of God, the secret hidden in God, hidden from the angels from the very foundation of the world was the Son of God – manifested in the flesh. Who was He? He was the Son of God, and He was God – not God the Father, but God the Son. God the Father was never manifested in the flesh – it was God – the Son who was manifested in the flesh. Amen.

~ Theophilus
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jun 23, 2010 - 12:57AM #2
Theo

I am glad some people here read my opening post - for any who might want to talk about it with me. I am here - lets talk.

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook