Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What do you think about the Rosary? I'd love to hear from you. (A positive thread)
4 years ago  ::  May 09, 2010 - 10:55PM #1
Pure_in _soul

Hi!

Just wanted to start this thread to say how much I love the Rosary. At first though, I was having a difficult time in praying it but then I know that little-by-little, Mama Mary helped me to pray it well. And ever since I started praying it, my life gradually changed for the better and I had the mysteries of the lives of Jesus and Mary continually in my head.

However, there are so many enemies of this devotion and that's when St. Louis de Montfort's book The Secret of the Rosary cleared everything out for me and I'm sure that anyone who has doubts with this prayer may be helped by this book, too. St. Louis mentioned that those who will drive you away from the Rosary will drive you away as subtle as possible which is more dangerous because it is more cunning.

I assure you guys that when you pray the Rosary, you'd feel God's loving mercy and His Fatherly presence and Mama Mary's Motherly love and care. And there are so many blessings and benefits in this devotion! So I want to hear from you...what do you think about the Rosary?

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 09, 2010 - 11:17PM #2
Bezant

May 9, 2010 -- 10:55PM, Pure_in _soul wrote:

Hi!

Just wanted to start this thread to say how much I love the Rosary. At first though, I was having a difficult time in praying it but then I know that little-by-little, Mama Mary helped me to pray it well. And ever since I started praying it, my life gradually changed for the better and I had the mysteries of the lives of Jesus and Mary continually in my head.

However, there are so many enemies of this devotion and that's when St. Louis de Montfort's book The Secret of the Rosary cleared everything out for me and I'm sure that anyone who has doubts with this prayer may be helped by this book, too. St. Louis mentioned that those who will drive you away from the Rosary will drive you away as subtle as possible which is more dangerous because it is more cunning.

I assure you guys that when you pray the Rosary, you'd feel God's loving mercy and His Fatherly presence and Mama Mary's Motherly love and care. And there are so many blessings and benefits in this devotion! So I want to hear from you...what do you think about the Rosary?

Hullo

Admittedly it took me a while to have the patience to do the full rosary and even now I do it rarely or only partnered with someone else. Since it's May I'd like to pray it again perhaps once a week. My favorite way to pray it is do it while on a stroll.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 09, 2010 - 11:36PM #3
Pure_in _soul

It's really good that you strive to pray the complete Rosary. You know, there are so many Catholics who pray the 5 decades, but you striving to go for the 15 decades a day is really awesome. Keep up the good work!

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 10, 2010 - 2:16AM #4
kurnell

I am an Anglican within the Catholic tradition and the Rosary is a part of my devotional life.I often suffer depression and that can make praying hard, but the Rosary is good during those times.Even if I can only manage holding the Rosary, in the midst of blackness, it connects me to God.

Pax

Jeffrey

Treasure your experience of God,however it comes to you.Remember that Christianity is not a notion but a way.
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 10, 2010 - 4:17AM #5
Pure_in _soul

I understand where you're coming from, Jeffrey. I've actually been through all the depression phase of my life and the Rosary was and is my companion during my darkest hours. And if you're in a severe depression mood, don't give up praying the Rosary. The Sorrowful Mysteries especially inspires anyone who is in a gloomy state because one can unite his or her sufferings with that of Jesus and Mary.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 10, 2010 - 7:22AM #6
belleo

May 10, 2010 -- 2:16AM, kurnell wrote:

I am an Anglican within the Catholic tradition and the Rosary is a part of my devotional life.I often suffer depression and that can make praying hard, but the Rosary is good during those times.Even if I can only manage holding the Rosary, in the midst of blackness, it connects me to God.

Pax

Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey, you are so right when really depressed it is difficult to pray . At times it was impossible for me . I do hold a rosary when I am depressed . I have a small one that I hold when I go to bed .
prayers ascending for you so that the depression lifts .  Marie

Just me
Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 10, 2010 - 3:54PM #7
Ashe

I don't pray it.  I have a great deal of respect for it as a meditative prayer but I'm not at a point in my life where I can say it and really mean it.  My mom thinks I should just pray anyways, that it will help but I don't know, if I say it I want it to be because I mean it and not because someone thinks if you say it a certain number of times a day then good things will happen.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 14, 2010 - 3:01AM #8
Pure_in _soul

May 10, 2010 -- 3:54PM, Ashe wrote:

I don't pray it.  I have a great deal of respect for it as a meditative prayer but I'm not at a point in my life where I can say it and really mean it.  My mom thinks I should just pray anyways, that it will help but I don't know, if I say it I want it to be because I mean it and not because someone thinks if you say it a certain number of times a day then good things will happen.

Have you ever prayed it at least once? Just asking. :D

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 17, 2010 - 1:13PM #9
Ashe

Sure have.  A bunch of times when I was young.  It was really just pointless repetition though, I didn't understand what it meant or why I was doing it, my parents just told me to do it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  May 19, 2010 - 8:40AM #10
Pure_in _soul

May 17, 2010 -- 1:13PM, Ashe wrote:

Sure have.  A bunch of times when I was young.  It was really just pointless repetition though, I didn't understand what it meant or why I was doing it, my parents just told me to do it.

To be honest here, the first time I prayed the Holy Rosary, and many times after, I thought it was pointless repetition, too, and I prayed without attention and with laziness. But then, year after, I realized how truly wrong I was! I felt this guilt and was really sorry. Turns out, the Rosary is not just "pointless repetition" after all. I guess when one gives attention to the prayers of the Rosary and if one meditates on each Mystery while praying, one can really fall in love with the prayer and would discover the  many good and holy things that are contained in it. Just sharing. :)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook