Switch to Forum Live View Divine Mercy Novena
5 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2010 - 7:35AM #1
Mysty101

Hi all,

We will be praying the Divine Mercy Novena in the Cloisters beginning today.

Come join us.

SuZ

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Feb 12, 2011 - 10:08PM #2
sli1too
  • A devotion to Divine Mercy from the perspective of a lazy child who would rather not use her rosary to say the rosary.
  • A truly devout child can say the divine mercy in 1/2 the time.
  • A lively imagination can get the best of an unusually lazy child.
  • A time of prayer need not be interupted by a visit to the bathroom
  • A promise of mercy to all the souls in the world with no limits on piety.
  • A lifelong walk with the Savior begins with just one little step.

Yes, that is the way it all began, with the Rosary of Our Lady in my hands, I decided to find a way to be religious, devout, and pious all at once by incorporating the love of the tiny pink beads of my rosary with the loving knowledge that Our Lady hears all of our prayers, even those which are brought about from laziness.  I just couldn't say the entire mantra of the Holy Rosary in one sitting. I was so distracted by everything in the room, from the hum of the television in the living room, to the brash outcries of my little brothers or the occasional fanciful wanderings of a 9-year-old's mind. Although at the present time, I am not much better at keeping on task, I still carry that picture with me: the Savior standing there before me, a shaft of light streaming from His Sacred Heart, asking me to pray for the mercy for the less fortunate. And, still, once in a while, I pray.  For the most part, I am still that lazy little girl. I welcome comments and admonitions here.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook