Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
8 years ago  ::  Mar 28, 2010 - 4:16PM #11
jane2

Mar 28, 2010 -- 3:31PM, gilg wrote:

Jane,

I should have been more clear, I too liked the love story but it wasn't my parents. I did try finding out more about how mom and dad came together but I realize now that I really don't know much. Dad worked for mom's family and apparently that is how they met. But that they loved each other was eviden.

My daughter used to love hearing about how her mom and I met... we must have told her that story many times and she also liked hearing about our little adventures... of course I've kept some things out, her mom and I were pretty crazy so it is better leaving some things quiet.

Right now my grandson is into hearing stories about when I was a little boy.... I think I've told him almost every significant story that I can recall, yet he wants to know more.....

Families and stories go hand in hand. At my husband's funeral our pastor encouraged us to keep telling the stories.

Now that my grandcholdren are in their teens they love to hear stories about themselves when they were toddlers.  I try to keep a list in my mind for each of them. My youngest granddaughter was about two when she crawled up on the kitchen island saying beans, beans as she went after the jelly-bean bowl. I remember my other granddaughter at three on our second day at Disney-World telling her brother in the stroller: first we go through the castle and then we ride the Dumbo.

Recently at a family outing at the Outback--their choice--my third granddaughter remarked she couldn't understand why people would wear suit and tie for dinner so I told her about DINING out, reservations, and superb service. As I say she and I like to talk a little "trash" about fashion, etc. I need to get copies of the French and Italian VOGUE for her. She spent a long week-end in NYC with her class and is ga-ga for it; she would be.

Here's to kids, our families, stories  !!!!

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 29, 2010 - 2:47PM #12
gilg

Mar 28, 2010 -- 4:16PM, jane2 wrote:

Families and stories go hand in hand. At my husband's funeral our pastor encouraged us to keep telling the stories.

Agreed.

Now that my grandcholdren are in their teens they love to hear stories about themselves when they were toddlers.  I try to keep a list in my mind for each of them. My youngest granddaughter was about two when she crawled up on the kitchen island saying beans, beans as she went after the jelly-bean bowl. I remember my other granddaughter at three on our second day at Disney-World telling her brother in the stroller: first we go through the castle and then we ride the Dumbo.

Recently at a family outing at the Outback--their choice--my third granddaughter remarked she couldn't understand why people would wear suit and tie for dinner so I told her about DINING out, reservations, and superb service. As I say she and I like to talk a little "trash" about fashion, etc. I need to get copies of the French and Italian VOGUE for her. She spent a long week-end in NYC with her class and is ga-ga for it; she would be.

I'll drink to that.

Jane,

I do like the OUtback, we go there about twice a year. Sometimes I'll take my oldest granddaughter on a date, she loves Italian food so we usually go to Strings; the other grandkids, except for the youngest, like Japanese food so that's where we go....my grandson like McDonalds and can't understand why he can't go there more often...I tell him its junk food but he responds that he likes junk food.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 30, 2010 - 12:28AM #13
jane2

Mar 29, 2010 -- 2:47PM, gilg wrote:

Mar 28, 2010 -- 4:16PM, jane2 wrote:

Agreed.

I'll drink to that.

Jane,

I do like the OUtback, we go there about twice a year. Sometimes I'll take my oldest granddaughter on a date, she loves Italian food so we usually go to Strings; the other grandkids, except for the youngest, like Japanese food so that's where we go....my grandson like McDonalds and can't understand why he can't go there more often...I tell him its junk food but he responds that he likes junk food.

Lucky granddaughter. I think I really learned to flirt over a meal when my Dad took me out solo. As you know I was my husband's pretty proper geisha all of our lives.

My grandkids love Outback, so that's where we go when we can.

All kids love junk food. My stock in trade is to have an abundance when they are able to visit.

We both enjoy being grandparents, lucky for us and our grandchildren.

J.

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook