Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next
Switch to Forum Live View SEX ABUSE SCANDAL CONFRONTS RATZINGER PERSONNALY
8 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2010 - 1:31AM #11
Dovid

*["...much prayer needed"]

***The degenerate condition of the present day Roman Catholic Church would seem to be in many ways similar to that of Judaism at the time of Christ. There was much truth in Judaism and there were many sincere believers among the people...but the priesthood was largely indifferent to the needs of the people, as were the ruling classes, the Pharisees and the Sadducees. Like the Roman priests, the Jewish priests withheld the Word of God from the people, and their chief concern was their advancement. The primary opposition that Christ encountered came from the priests...and it was they whom He denounced most severly, as it was also they who were primarily responsible for having Him put to death. Similarly in the Roman Church the priesthood has departed so seriously from the simplicity of the Gospel, and the teachings of the Bible have been so thoroughly covered over with man-made rituals and canon laws that the features of the apostolic church are hardly recognizable. That was most clearly shown in the first place during the Middle Ages...from about 500 A.D., until the Protestant Reformation...a period of roughly one thousand years when darkness covered the land and the people were largely helpless under the rule of a corrupt, tyrannical church. It allowed ignorance and superstition to continue among the people as a means of controlling them, and so promotes an anti-Christian way of life.

Romanism carries within itself the seeds of its own destruction. This has been shown in one European country after another...where, after gaining complete control, it has proved morally defective and has degenerated.

Dovid 

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2010 - 8:50AM #12
TVaskoACT

"let's see this action you speak of in the elimination of sex abuse of children in the schools."

I never said this.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 14, 2010 - 8:07PM #13
Fraggle

Lord, grant us the grace to be merciful, so that we may obtain mercy. Amen.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2010 - 8:54AM #14
Peter_d_roman

" but in addition to mercy PaPa Yahweh enable us to keep the cowardly predators away by our steadfast and ferocious vigilance and swift interventions when ever and wherever they  may be needed"

"im asking in Yash'was Name PaPa!"

peace and good and tons o'love

>o

ps

tvascoact

i am in complete agreement with your postings throughout this thread-

please keep up the very good work on behalf of the ones that can not defend then selves.

you are Our Savior Brothers friend indeed!

also can you post a link to the esp stuff you made reference to in ?

>o

Mar 14, 2010 -- 8:07PM, Fraggle wrote:

Lord, grant us the grace to be merciful, so that we may obtain mercy. Amen.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 15, 2010 - 6:35PM #15
TVaskoACT

Peter,

Here is the URL from a related article on Yahoo today.  I can't find the original article from a few days ago.

news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100315/ap_on_re_eu...

Tom

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 18, 2010 - 8:15PM #16
TVaskoACT

It appears Ratzinger is in more trouble.  ABC News reported tonight that as Archbishop of Munich, he got therapy for an abusive priest instead of reporting him to police.  This priest, after being reassigned to a new parish, then apparently went on to abuse more children. 

ABC News also stated that about 500,000 children have been abused worldwide by Catholic clergy in the last 50 years.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2010 - 8:01AM #17
bigbear6161

Mar 18, 2010 -- 8:15PM, TVaskoACT wrote:

It appears Ratzinger is in more trouble.  ABC News reported tonight that as Archbishop of Munich, he got therapy for an abusive priest instead of reporting him to police.  This priest, after being reassigned to a new parish, then apparently went on to abuse more children. 

ABC News also stated that about 500,000 children have been abused worldwide by Catholic clergy in the last 50 years.

TV, the last sentence of your post really drove it home for me.  Half a million kids!  Is our Church the biggest and oldest continuous pedophile ring in history?  And now the old proverb "A fish rots from the head down" seems to be coming true. Papa Ratzinger himself part of the scandal.  I'm not sure our Church can recover from this.  Perhaps there was nothing there worth keeping from the start?  I hope and pray this last sentence of mine proves not to be true.

Dave

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 19, 2010 - 8:49AM #18
TVaskoACT

Dave,

As I said in an earlier post, we had enough hopes and prayers.  Our hopes have been dashed many times.  And now is the time for us to be the answers to our prayers.  WE must DO SOMETHING!  I only wish I knew what.  Any suggestions?

Tom

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 20, 2010 - 1:11PM #19
Jupiter6208

The Episcopal Church Welcomes you.

"A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person."  Dave Berry
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Mar 21, 2010 - 5:53PM #20
TVaskoACT

"The Episcopal Church Welcomes you."

Jupiter, the Anglican/Episcopal Church is having enough problems of its own right now.

Tom

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook