Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
8 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2010 - 11:29AM #21
gilg

Feb 19, 2010 -- 6:21AM, Shaner wrote:

Hi Jane,

Yes, that was very sad, the Georgian luger dying tragically a day before the Opening Ceremonies.  I was glad though that the Georgian Team decided to march in the Opening Ceremonies and really touched that the crowd gave them a standing ovation, :-).

Thank you for your kind words, we do have a very special, unique relationship, friendship with each other, a blessing really, I can't think of any other two Countries who enjoy the same! 

The most touching moment of the Opening Ceremonies for me was the inclusion of our First Nations people, they are our first Canadians and we celebrate, honour their different heritages, histories passed down generation to generation.  (no, it wasn't always so, but thats a topic for another day)I became a little teary-eyed watching that...its something that I think only Canadians and Americans can appreciate, it may have been lost on the rest of the world, :-). 

Dear Sandy,

I was similarly touched... and it would be nice if every country could take home a medal

I know its unrealistic, but I wish every Country could take home some type of Medal.

I hadn't heard that remark from Costas, good thing you knew better, lol, gaelic music is still very popular here! 

Here's to our unique friendship and to the Games!!

God bless,

Sandy

Jane,

The only bad sportsmanship has come from Plushenko and the Prime  Minister of his country. The international

Agreed and I like the way Evan responded to Plushenko's criticism, Evans seems like a classy guy.... I think PM Putin's remarks are also bad sportsmanship.   My personal feeling is that the Quad is no big thing, I like the art and grace behind skating, if I want to watch sports and amazing feats I'll watch football, track, and other sports that aren't as artistic and graceful. Loved the dancing last night and both my wife and I thought the Canadians were going to walk off with the bronze, loved the way they flowed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2010 - 9:44AM #22
gilg

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir were superb! It was worth staying up till midnight.

Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 23, 2010 - 3:27PM #23
jane2

Feb 23, 2010 -- 9:44AM, gilg wrote:

Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir were superb! It was worth staying up till midnight.

Totally agree....................

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
8 years ago  ::  Feb 26, 2010 - 1:36AM #24
jane2

Congrats to the Canadian Women's Hockey team on their gold medal. Kudos to the American women on their silver.

I was happy for Joannie Rochette on her winning bronze in ladies' figure skating in heartbreaking circumstances. All the finalists in that event put on some show. And look out world for our tiny Marai Nagasu and the brilliant Rachel Flatt.

US medals are piling up--I just hate it--NOT.

Loved our gold and silver in the long-hill Nordic combined. And "Speedster" winning silver in the ski aerials.

Back to normal life in a couple of days.................

discuss catholicism
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook