Switch to Forum Live View An intense calling? I'd like advice.
4 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2010 - 1:55PM #1
Anika

Hey there,

I am a young woman, and a fairly new Christian (about 6 years now) that had gotten off to a great start in Christ before falling from grace once more. Recently I have had a burning desire to return to Him, and have done so. I'm finding that I am craving my daily scripture as well as finding a church where I feel comfortable, where I find that God's spirit is alive and well. So many churches in my area have disappointed me in the past... the sermons are great, the people are friendly, but the churches just don't seem -alive-. I've spoken with my fiance on the matter and he thinks that this burning need to find a community may be a hint from above that I am being called to ministry (the whole if I can't find the type of church I am looking for, with God's grace maybe I should look into helping create one). I'm a little confused on the subject and there seems to be only silence as answer to my prayers for guidance. While I know that no one can fathom God's plans or thoughts, I would like to hear from my brothers and sisters in the Christ what they think my next move should be in regards to this. 

God bless,

Anika

Quick Reply
Cancel
4 years ago  ::  Jan 28, 2010 - 2:02PM #2
natureboy_the0

Anika,

Are you feeling the call within your heart or are you feeling the selfish longing to belong?  You may be newly conceived and gestating, that did not allow me to feel fed  nor enjoy church because once you are born you have the great commissions (Matthew 28:19-20) and the requirement of the new birth (John 3:8) life to fulfill.   Click on SEEDS OF LIFE in my signature  below and read THE BOOK OF ELIJAH: A LETTER TO THE WORLD and read my testimony, it may help.

Are you questioning your beliefs, ask I AM THAT I AM to clarify them!
Elijah Alfred "NatureBoy" Alexander, Jr. presenting SEEDS OF LIFE
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook